Tim Drake/Robin (1)

((A/N)): Why are there no good gifs of Timmy???
-----------------------------------------------------------

"Hello".

The girl's voice made Tim jerk his head up. He spun around to find her sitting on a wall behind him, swinging her legs and grinning.

"Hello", he said back, slowly, while studying you.

You couldn't be much older than him. Dressed smartly in a white button down, sleeves pushed up, and black jeans, the only things that really stood out to him were the neon green laces in your black combat boots, and the familiar green bowler hat perched on top of your head. The moon shining down in the alleyway happened to catch on something around your finger... a question mark ring.

"Who are you?" he asked suspiciously. "You don't look like the kind of henchmen the Riddler keeps around".

You jumped down from the wall, your boots landing with a crunch in the gravel. You didn't fail to notice how he stiffened when you approached him.

You stuck your hand out to him, the one with the ring.

"I'm Y/N Nygma", you introduced yourself.

Tim slowly shook your hand.

"Nygma as in, Edward Nygma? As in, the Riddler?"

You rolled your eyes.

"Who else in Gotham has the last name 'Nygma'?"

Tim flushed, embarrassed. You laughed, patting his cheek twice.

"And you're Robin", you say, twirling around. "Boy Wonder".

Tim followed you with his eyes.

"Yeah", he finally confirmed, although he knew you probably didn't need it. Despite his villainy, Riddler was one of the smartest men in Gotham, which is what made him such a formidable opponent against Batman. He figured if nothing else, you would have at least inherited that from him.

"What are you doing out here anyway?" he questioned.

You plopped down on the ground, back against the wall and shrugged up at him.

"My dad is committing some crimes right now", you said, as if it were normal. "I'm just his lookout".

Tim furrowed his brow in confusion.

"So... shouldn't you be sounding an alarm or something?"

"Shouldn't you be arresting me or something?"

Tim snorted.

"I asked first", he said, crossing his arms across his chest.

You sighed, picking at your nails.

"I don't really care. Dad can do whatever he wants. He just brings me along. Your turn".

He had to admit, he was pleasantly surprised by your boldness, your bluntness, your quirk, your charm, your wit. It was like all the best things about Edward Nygma, if such things existed, had manifested in you.

And even though you were supposed to be the enemy, it felt nice to have someone his own age to talk to.

"You don't look like the crime-committing type", he admitted. "You're not breaking any laws or anything".

You smiled and shrugged again.

"True".

There was a strangely comfortable quiet.