Chapter Twenty Four

"Girls why is there a tray of food in my classroom?" Professor H sighed, watching us eat ice cream and marshmallows at 9 O'clock in the morning whilst he did tutorial. "Bad morning," I admitted. "This is my classroom girls..." he warned. I sighed and passed him a spoon so he could dig in too. "Thank you!" He beamed. The ice cream disappeared in one massive spoonful from him. I ended up giving my spoon to Loki... ice cream stealing cat.

"So Prof, what's the deal today?" I asked, popping a marshmallow in my mouth. "Telekinesis has been cancelled, Mr Johnson took a chair to the head and has been told to rest for a few days," he explained. Chair to the head? Seriously? It was the weekend, there was no classes and on top of that we finished chair lifting and stacking weeks ago. "He was at the pub, had too much to drink... got a bit cocky about his chair lifting and accidentally hit himself on the head with one," he said trying to contain his laughter, the class however could not.

"So what are we doing?" Rose giggled. "Double divination with your favourite teacher!" He chuckled. Whoop whoop... not. Got a real bad feeling about this. "The council want to observe you're card reading skills Amelia!" He continued, ruining my day some more, "we're all going into the ballroom to do it." Yep... really bad feeling. I buried my head in marshmallows. "Can I drink the wine yet?" I asked. "Amelia... its 9:15 in the morning, you sound borderline alcoholic," Chase laughed.

"And what if I am... nope kidding, I'm not gonna drink my sorrows away," I joked, "I'd much rather find some other way to screw up my life." Rose playfully hit me. "You have not screwed up your life... you've opened countless of opportunities," she argued. Yep, countless of opportunities indeed. "Yeah like... the probability I may get turned into a vampire, the fact that I'm gonna be a queen when I have no idea what I'm supposed to do and kind of don't want anything to do with it," I explained, "oh and the fact there might be a war with me on one side and Malphas on the other in the future."

Everyone looked at me funny. "And when the FRIG WERE YOU PLANNING ON TELLING US THAT!?" Rose screamed. "Oops..." I said, sinking into my chair, "I may have forgotten..." She banged her head on her desk. I'm in deep trouble now. Luckily she calmed down when I passed her the marshmallows. "What are we going to do with you?" She sighed as she pulled a marshmallow out of the bag. I shrugged my shoulders and laughed. I had to stop eating crap or I'd be sick so Prof H sent Rose, Chase and I off to get the candles and stuff we'd need for class, Loki following closely behind.

Chase picked up six large white candles and was about to grab a pack of matches when he remembered I wouldn't need them. Rose on the other hand went by looking at all the different smudge sticks to find the correct one for what we're doing. "What have you got in that?" I asked looking at the smudge stick. She gently passed it to me and I began inspecting. "Sage for cleansing, Rose for divination and psychic awareness, Lavender for wisdom and purification and..." I said to myself, there were green leaves in the bunch which I smelt, "well it isn't Eucalyptus leaf.... what is it?"

"Orange Bergamot leaves, to lend a hand to the magic... better chance of success, I'm hoping the success is that you won't get hurt," she explained. I nodded, that made sense enough. I continued what I was doing. "What are you up to Amelia?" She asked, watching me measure out various herbs and plants. "Making Miss Hopkins proud... a divination tea," I explained. "Ohhh like we learnt last lesson," she exclaimed. I nodded. I found a little plastic bag to put the ingredients into.

"Three teaspoons of black Chinese tea," I said pouring it into the bag. I chose Dian Hong since it smelt the nicest out of the choices I had. "Three teaspoons of Rose Hip, three teaspoons of mugwort... god I hope this tastes alright, I can't be drinking something disgusting," I laughed, "one teaspoon of eyebright and... two teaspoons of lemon balm!" I closed the bag and shook to mix it up. I found a teapot and some cups. "No way Jose, I am not drinking any concoction that you made... not after cocktail night and you mixed everything into a glass to the point you couldn't remember what was in it and made me chug it," Rose denied.