Chicken and Beer and Then Some

I'm back on Wattpad and super excited to get this story going! 

What's your favorite city to visit in the whole wide world? For me, it has got to be Seoul in South Korea.

I love that it's a city that allows ancient palaces to co-exist with modern skyscrapers. There are so many interesting places to visit and so many activities you can do around the city. And the food. The food! From street food carts to neighborhood restaurants to quirky cafes, Seoul has everything I could ever ask for in a perfect holiday destination. 

My love for Seoul, K-pop and K-dramas have inspired me to write the novels I'm working on right now. As the setting to my stories, I hope I'll be able to make Seoul come alive in your imaginations as you read through the personal journeys of my characters (in this case, Mia and Josh).  

I'll be uploading chapters more often from now on, so I hope you can subscribe for updates! Better yet, sign up to my mailing list ! Just click on the "external link" at the bottom of this chapter. :) 

Okay, I'll shut up now. Enjoy Chapter 2! - Dane

Josh doesn't even have time to say anything because the girl he's sharing a broken elevator with has already handed him her phone and is leaning on his shoulder, getting ready to strike a pose

He holds the phone out and switches the camera to selfie mode. The boy who's looking back at him on the screen has an almost pained expression on his face. Close contact with another human being has never been his strong suit.

He doesn't even take selfies on his own, but here he is, about to take a picture with this strange girl, this walking whirlwind in heels who's suddenly all up in his personal space.

Mia insists they take a few photos after the first one "just in case", of what exactly, Josh isn't sure. He complies and presses the capture button a few more times. He hands the phone back and Mia flashes him a smile in thanks before focusing her full attention on her phone, sending the photo to her friends at lightning speed.

Before Mia can even look up from her phone, the elevator shakes yet again, and Mia grabs on to him for dear life, until they feel the elevator move up smoothly. They both let out a sigh of relief. Crisis over.

The elevator finally reaches the 23rd floor. Josh looks over his shoulder and attempts a semblance of a wave goodbye, which he executes as an awkward flap of his arm, also known as the most uncool thing he's ever done.

So it comes as a bit of a shock when he feels warm fingers hang on to his arm as he steps through the elevator doors.

"Do you want to grab a quick dinner? I've been craving for chicken and beer from that place around the corner." Mia's smiling eyes are the opposite of his blank stare. "My treat! As a thank you."