11 | supermarket flowers

featuring:

featuring:

→ cody christian as noah holland (mentioned only)

jacob artist as levi taylor (mentioned only)

kaya scodelario as meredith "red" carson (mentioned only)

ella purnell as kennedy moore (mentioned only)

CHAPTER ELEVEN

SUPERMARKET FLOWERS

          GOOD DAYS FLY BY THE QUICKEST

          GOOD DAYS FLY BY THE QUICKEST. When you're in college, stressing over deadlines, however, even the bad days go by in a blur and, soon, all your tests and exams before Christmas are over and you're turning in your final assignment for your Govern Theory course—that's when you finally let yourself breathe for a while, trying to think about something other than the studying you'll have to do during Christmas break, as the semester returns right at the beginning of the month.

          On December 13th, I finish my Methods exam, pretty convinced I'm not going to fail, and brace myself to enjoy the two days I still have with Bishop (his final exam lands on the 15th, much to his dismay, but we've been finding time to hang out, even when both of us are so busy we barely have time to breathe) and to prepare myself for having Natasha spend Christmas with us. Needless to say Hayden wasn't too ecstatic to find out about it, but I shrugged it off, knowing those two are never going to get along.

          I've been trying to not worry too much about things I can't change and/or control and I've been feeling a lot better thanks to my new resolutions (all written down on my lists' notebook, of course, because I wouldn't do it elsewhere).

          Natasha is one of those things. We rarely talk now, mostly because she's busy drowning in textbooks and because she and Jeremy seem to have broken up for good, but I'm not stupid and know when someone is avoiding me; I told her Bishop knows the truth about the reason why I didn't date anyone back in high school and, while it was nice of her to look out for me, as she didn't know where we stood, we should have talked about it before she talked to him.