Epilogue

In the years that followed their graduation from Hogwarts, a lot of things had happened very quickly. James and Lily had moved in together right after graduation. James had not waited long to propose and Lily had accepted his offer.

At their wedding, James had been the happiest person alive. He kept referring to Lily as Mrs. Potter and was unbelievably pleased that he couldn't call her Evans anymore. The ceremony had been festive and beautiful. Sirius may or may not have shed some tears.

Sadly, James lost both of his parents not long after one another to Dragon Pox. They were older in age, so it hadn't been largely unexpected. Still, James and Sirius both grieved the loss of their parents. The two of them inherited the money James' father had earned from his Sleekeazy's Hair Potion business.

Lily, shortly after lost both of her parents, too, but due to Muggle illness.

Also, another tragic and unexpected loss happened when the announcement had come that Marlene had been killed in a Death Eater attack. Sirius had been heartbroken, but her death had only fuelled the fire that encouraged him, as well as his friends, to join a group known as the Order of the Phoenix.

Not long after joining the Order, Lily had become pregnant with their first child. On July 31, 1980, their son Harry James Potter had been born. James had been delighted to see that although his son resembled him in looks, he had inherited his mother's gorgeous green eyes.

Their troubles only escalated when they had been informed of a prophecy that could potentially center around Harry. They also learned that He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named was after them. James and Lily, who had thought only of their son, went into hiding.

In the short time they got to spend with their son, James and Lily had made sure to be loving and caring parents. James had been so pleased to see Harry learn to use the child's broom they had purchased for him. He had hoped that, one day, Harry would be the next great Quidditch player.

After Sirius' refusal to become their Secret-Keeper, Peter had been chosen for the job. In the end, it had been a mistake.

On the night when Voldemort had come to the Potter's home, James had told Lily to take Harry and go. He had tried to take Voldemort head on, even without a wand. As he had ran to put himself between the Dark Lord and his family, he had had a sudden flashback to when he had seen a young Lily Evans after she had been splinched. He had remembered how he had promised that he would do anything to stop her from being hurt. He had fulfilled his promise in the end, to fight for her until the end.

Lily had also given up everything for her one and only son. Her act of love was what had saved him. It was what made him the Boy Who Lived.

Sirius (a few years later)
"How come she married him?" Harry asked miserably. Sirius looked at this striking image of James with Lily's bright green eyes. It hurt him, in a way, to look at Harry James Potter because it made him miss his best friend. "She hated him!"

Sirius thought of the way Lily Evans had grown up rolling her eyes and ignoring James. He thought of the way she had scolded him and told him that she'd rather date the giant squid. Yet, he thought of the way she had smiled at James when he made a joke or cheered for him at the Quidditch games. He thought about the time she'd been mad at him, yet still looked his way when he wasn't paying attention. He felt the sudden urge to smile.

"Nah, she didn't," Sirius said. A world where Lily hated James would never exist. Sure, she had gotten mad at him or annoyed, but she could never hate him. Hate was too strong of a word. In the end, Lily Potter would only feel one main thing for James Potter, and that emotion was love.

The story is finally over! James and Lily's story will continue into Harry's story now. I'm a little upset that I'm done because I absolutely loved writing this, but it was only my first story. If you could tell my what you thought, that would be great! I would love some feedback to help me in the future. I am so thankful for all of you that read this. Thank you all so much!