41

The nurse came in to take Addie for her echo and said "Who's coming with her?" Kyle said "You go Baby. You will know what you are looking at." Rebecca kissed him and followed the nurse with Addie in her arms. Kyle watched her go and then heard a tiny voice say "Will she be our Momma one day?"

        Kyle turned and looked down to see Tyler looking up at him. He sat next to him and said "Would you like her to be?" Tyler nodded and said "She loves us Daddy. Not like our mom." He sighed and said "Your mom couldn't be a mom Buddy. You don't have to worry about her coming around though. Do you remember her?" Tyler said "Not much. I remember her always yelling and being mean to me when I made a mess. She told me I was a mistake."

      Kyle scooped his son up and hugged him tight, he cleared his throat a few times before saying "You were never a mistake Buddy! You know how much I love you right?" Tyler nodded and said "I know Daddy. She was just a mean lady. Becca is nice, she laughs and takes care of us, She bakes cookies. She loves us all , even Aunt Molly and Aunt Lucy. She makes you happy."

        Kyle said "She does make me happy. I just want to make sure you are happy." Tyler said "Me and Addie wished for a Mommy. Then the next day we had one. I'm tired Daddy, can I go back to sleep?" Kyle laid him down and tucked him back in. It was about 30 minutes later when Rebecca and Addie came back into the room. Kyle was looking out the window deep in thought. Rebecca walked towards him and Addie said "My Daddy!" Kyle turned around and grinned at his girls, he took Addie and said "Hey Baby Girl. Did you get your tests done?"

     Addie said "All Done Daddy." He kissed her cheek and said "That's good Baby. Let's turn on cartoons while we wait on the nurse." Kyle put her into the crib and turned on the tv until he found a movie she liked, then he turned to Rebecca. She smiled at him and went into his arms, He said "So did you see anything on the echo?" She said "I saw where the blood was mixing like he talked about, but i'm not a radiologist Babe. So did Tyler stay asleep the whole time?"

     He laughed and said "No he woke up and we had a little chat. He wasn't awake long though, remember how we said fate had a hand in this?" She nodded and he said "He told me the night before you came, they had wished for a Mommy." Rebecca's face softened and she said "Oh those little darlings."