Chapter Four:

Ruka (1)

A few hours passed and I was still in the cell with the ropes tied on my wrists. I began to hum a tune but was interrupted with the sound of the cell door opening.

"What a beautiful tune." Iroh smiled, walking over to me. I stood up, "Are we leaving?"

"Not yet. My nephew and commander Zhao have some business to take care of." He untied the ropes from my wrists. "Promise me you won't fight us with your bending?"

I nodded, "Promise."

"I didn't catch your name." He said.

"Ruka."

"Well, Ruka. Would you like to witness an Agni Kai?" He put his hand on the small of my back, leading me out the door.

>>>

"So, what exactly is an Agni Kai?" I asked Iroh who was standing next to me. Zuko was practicing his stance as Zhao was smirking over to us.

"Two fire benders battle each other until one gets burned." Iroh explained. "Sometimes it's not fun to watch."

I looked back to Zuko who was watching Zhao walk in our direction but was still feet away from us. "What is your prisoner doing back?"

Zuko turned around to me and I looked down.

"A cell is no place for a lady, Commander." Iroh replies. 

The two fire benders got in their stances, and when a certain sound alarmed, they began to battle.

Zuko was the first to strike, bringing his hands down slowly, flames going out of his fingers. His threw his hands back then threw a punch, a long flame shooting to Zhao.

Zhao swiftly dodged it, continuing this as Zuko continued to throw out punches of flames.

One went successfully to Zhao, but he blocked it. Zuko was already tired, don't waste your energy dummy.

He kicked back flames and Zhao was fighting through them. Zhao striked strong flames from his fingers from the floor, but didn't reach Zuko.

"Basics Zuko, break his route!" Iroh yelled. I whispered to Iroh, "tell him not to waste his energy."

"Don't was your energy!" Iroh yelled and I thanked him.

It was Zhao's turn to throw punches at Zuko, and with every one, he stumbled backward. With one last strike, he went flying backward to the floor.

Zhao jumped up from the dust and landed over Zuko. As Zhao threw another punch, Zuko swiftly kicked the flames away, twirling his body then kicked Zhao's ankle, throwing him off balance.

"Woohoo!" I cheered, but then quickly stopped myself and cleared my throat.

Zuko was shooting flames with his feet, and we saw Zhao stumbling back. Iroh smirked. Finally with one last kick, Zhao flew down to the floor, rolling back.

Zuko was over Zhao, not doing anything.

"C'mon Prince Anger. You got this." I whispered to myself.

"Do it!" Zhao yelled. Zuko punched fire, and I flinched away. But I was shocked to see that he missed. "It was a clear shot!" I whined to Iroh. He shook his head, "it wasn't an accident."

"That's it? Your father raised a coward." Zhao said. "Next time you get in my way, I promise... I won't hold back." Zuko turned his back from Zhao and began to walk away.

Zhao stood up, and quickly turned around, kicking flames out toward Zuko. "Watch out!" I yelled quickly.

Iroh ran over and stopped the flames from hitting Zuko, grabbing his foot and throwing him back. I sighed in relief. Zuko turned around and growled in anger, but Iroh stopped him, "no prince Zuko, do not taint your victory."

Iroh turned around to face Zhao, "so this is how the great commander Zhao acts in defeat. Disgraceful. Even in exile, my nephew is more honorable than you. Thanks again for the tea, it was delicious."

As Iroh and Zuko walked passed me, Zuko eyed me from the corner of his eye.

"Ruka, now we are leaving." Iroh said. I trailed behind them slightly.

"Did you really mean that uncle?" Zuko asks Iroh. Iroh looked to his nephew with a small smile, "Of course. I told you Jing Zang tea was my favorite."

^^^
I'm sorry but I'm not good at the fighting scenes ): anyway, hope you're enjoying so far.