Chapter 9

The rest of winter break went by and true to her word mother got me books for school, I was only taking four classes and they were just the same as any other school. I was taking math, world history, English, and a career planning class.

Math was a little harder since I wasn't taking trigonometry, Axel came around the time mother came for lunch I had been asking her if I could have some cheese and crackers with whatever she brings told her I really like cheese.

I had finished the room and mother had taken all the dirty sheets and wash them took all the broken things and toss them, and left the two tables with three chairs, I kept all the nightstands and had made homes from all the lamps.

During what mother called school hours everyone was to stay in their rooms and not to make noise, I didn't mind even though I finished most of my work before lunch. I was a straight A student at my last school plus I knew a lot of what the teachers were teaching here.

I just showed up for live video, the teachers are you go to for those who needed help. I use the time we were to stay in our rooms to learn more about werewolves, I was also looking into hunters.

"The legend of the werewolf is one of the most ancient and widespread. Stories of werewolves can be found as far back as history has been written."

The school I was going to send me a laptop which is what I was using all with the books and notes mother had written. There was a journal I found but haven't opened yet I was still trying to believe that there was actually werewolves out there here in this small village.

I didn't want to believe it because if i did want else wasn't a myth? Was there really vampires, werewolves, witches, or any creatures of the night? It was really hard to believe that it could be true.

"These shapeshifter myths can be found all over the world from China to Iceland and to Brazil to Haiti."

Mother knocks and I close the page, I didn't need her seeing I had gone through her boxes. All she knew was that I moved the boxes and left them alone, and what if I was right what would she do it I found out?

She puts a plate of cheese and crackers down next to me as I pretend to be suck on a math problem, which was true, math took me a lot longer but I only had a few problems left.

This continued for a few weeks I always pretend to be working when mother came to check on me I started adding my own notes to the ones from the notebook, I was counting down the days until the next full moon this time I was going to see if I could get the window open these theories with driving me insane.

I wanted to know if they were true or not even though a part of me didn't want to know I couldn't stop thinking what if it was true? Then a bunch of other thoughts would come and I'd go in circles thinking of all the pros and cons of knowing the truth.

Just to stop the thoughts i was going to find out.

********

Rowan

Victoria was downstairs doing dishes, as I slowly crept up the stairs, I wanted to know what she did in her room all day.

It had to be boring since Owen or I barely talk to her. Mother still didn't want us talking to her in case our secret got out I know Owen was itching to get rid of her now that he had a mate.

I wondered if I was going to get chosen on my seventeenth birthday, it was around that time males chose girls as mates but I thought of mother how once she got turned the Alpha gave her a mate so she could be part of his pack and how her mate had gotten killed, by Hunters.

It didn't matter, I still had another month the full moon was in two weeks and I knew mother was getting nervous again about Victoria being here.

The more I watched mother around Victoria the more I saw how much she loved her even if she couldn't really show her. I didn't understand why she was waiting on going to the Alpha, did it have something to do with our father being a Hunter?

Mother didn't know i knew about that, about the fact she was a Hunter along with my dad before she was attacked by a wolf. Before her first change she fell pregnant with Victoria and I, after she changed for the first time dad tried to get used to the fact that she was no longer human it worked for a couple of months but then Hunter training kicked in and he tried to kill her.

Once we were born she sent Victoria to live with him, telling him that she wasn't werewolf, but I was so she could keep me when I was ten she bite me and a month later I was just like her. When I was six mother had Owen and when he died when Owen was five when Hunters attacked our pack.

We just tell Victoria that we're a community of humans because she can't know the truth even though I wish I could but it's up to the Alpha to choose if she becomes a werewolf or if she's killed. I knew if he knew she was a Hunter he would have her killed, and that hurts.

The only reason I know of my past was because mother keep diaries that I found when I was 12. I listened to Victoria mumble a song under her breath, I hated snooping but I really wanted to know what she was going.

Going over to the table she had found under all the crap that used to be in here I could see a bunch of papers spread it out everywhere a notebook laid next to the computer that the school had sent.

I bite my lip going over to the paper I begin reading, werewolf myths. I felt my eyes widen did she know? Were werewolves true? She had written on the top of a page and a lists of websites explaining myths and theories.

"Werewolves only shift on full moons" a side note said what happens when you're born with a wolf does the moon have the same effect on you?

I heard Victoria finishing in the kitchen so I quickly and as quietly as I could I leave her room. One thing for sure is that Victoria knows something about us, and I didn't know if I should tell Mother or not.