Part 1

It was a beautiful sunny day out there, But Anne barely sleepy though the night.

Anne was scared.

There was a point where everyone will go through the most painful departure in life.

But Anne was hopeful.

As she sat there on the chair for what felt like hours beside the hospital bed, her mother's grip on her hand roused her conscious.

It was her mother that thought her to never lose hope.

Anne gently gripped her mother's hand in return and smiled in joy when her mother opened her eyes.

Although the oxygen mask was in the way, she was sure her mother was smiling back and heard her say her name softly.

"Anne"

---^-----^-----^-----^---

Oliver was fixing the engine of his pick-up truck that afternoon and his buddy Henry was reading the newspaper on the chair leisurely when they heard an unfamiliar voice calling out in the distance.

"Dad?"

They both exchange a look when the woman's voice called out again.

"Dad~?"

---^-----^-----^-----^---

"Thanks!" Anne stated when she closed the door of the car and waved at the stranger in gratitude as it drove away.

She whirled around and found her father's trailer truck parked beside a country style bungalow house with a restaurant beside it in the middle of nowhere.

Anne smiled at the familiar vehicle before she ran towards it.

It was a trailer her father used to bring her on trips when she spends time with him.

It was her father's home.

Her parents never married. But they never hated each other or anything.

They were both fifteen when they had her and that's all she knows.

Her mother became a waitress at the age of seventeen and her father worked as a sales assistant in a supermarket before he quits and worked as a plumber.

"Dad?" She called out and tiptoed to see the inside of the trailer through the window.

No sign of a single person.

"Your dad's not here, kid"

Anne turned around to find a man in a tank top covered in black stuff here and there.

"So where is he?" She asked instead.

"Somewhere Las Vegas" Another man appeared from behind the greasy man, he was wearing a black t shirt and looked like he just woken up.

Anne swore she has met them before.

"When will he be back?" She asked again.

The two men exchange a look.

"You Toby's little girl, right?"  The greasy tank top man asked.

"I'm twenty, not little" She replied.

And before Anne knew it, she was invited into their house, sitting in the messy living room with a cup of coffee on the table in front of her.

Apparently the two men are her father's best friends, Oliver Duffy, the guy in the tank top and Henry Vinson, the other guy.

And yes she has met them when she was little. But has very vague memory of it.

She explained to them how she tracked her father's location via cellphone, which her father left at their place. And that she needed to tell her father something urgently.