30

[ P A I S L E E ]

     The plane ride was a long and very hard one. It gave me time to think, too much time. I thought about how guilty I was every second Harry and I were together at the airport, acting like a happy couple. I felt guilty about leaving the guys the way I did. I felt guilty about falling for a guy who lives miles away from me. 

   I tried blocking out the thoughts by placing my headphones in, and blasting my music as high as it could go, but that only made it worse. My mind only let me listen to sad songs that reminded me of Harry, making me tear up even more. 

   Along the way in search for new music, I noticed I had a new playlist. It was labeled "Mr. Styles." I smiled slightly at the name, and clicked on it. Up came their whole album 'Up all Night' and in the description it read:

    Paislee, whenever you're missing us all too much, mainly me ;) just listen to our album so you can listen to our voices and be reminded of us, and how much we miss you. How much I miss you. xoxo

    I knew I shouldn't of hit 'shuffle' but I couldn't stop my hand from doing so. The first song to play was 'Gotta Be You.' Their voices we soothing, and very recognizable. I listened carefully to the words, making me smile when I hear Harry sing, but also making me feel worse, which cause tears to fall down my eyes. I quickly wiped them away, before I fell into a deep sleep. 

    After a few hours, we had landed. I had texted Mark telling him. I noticed I had multiple texts from the boys, I replied to them. I went back to my messages and saw hundreds from Harry. My heart began to race, they were either in all caps, or had a ton of exclamation points. 

    He texted me asking 'what does this note mean??' 'Please don't tell me this is over...' 'Please, can we talk???' I even had ten missed calls from him. I couldn't bring myself to answer him back either way, I couldn't deal with more pain and guilt. 

    Once I had gotten off and got my bags, I met Mark at his car outside. Once I walked out of the doors, I stopped for a minute to look for his car. I noticed his familiar red truck at the end. I wiped away the tears falling down my face, and made my way to the car. 

    I quickly threw my bags in the back, and hopped into the passenger seat. I buckled my seat belt, keeping my head down, so he couldn't see my red and puffy face. But, it was no use, he looked at me knowing I was crying, and I just looked at him. 

   "What happened?" He asked. He probably knew it was something to do with Harry, considering all the other times he's picked me up, I've never cried. Tears were still streaming down my face, I sniffled a bit. I scoffed, shrugging my shoulders before answering. 

   "Am I a bad person because I broke up with an amazing guy I loved in a letter?" I said, sarcastically letting out a laugh at the end. I knew it wasn't the 'mature' way to break up with someone, but I couldn't bare to do it to his face, I would have gave into him and never would of ended it, making it worse. 

   Mark seemed taken back by my words. I hadn't mentioned to him about breaking up with Harry, I knew he would have wanted me to stay with him like Julia, but I needed to do this for me. 

   "No." He said, shaking his head. I just rolled me eyes. looking out the window. I know he was trying to be nice, to make me feel better, but it wasn't working. "But can I ask why you did it?"

    I saw a girl running into her boyfriends arms, as he lifted her up and twirled her, kissing her gently as he placed her down. It reminded me of Harry and I at the beach, which only brought back hurtful memories, that made more tears stream down my cheeks.