one (edited)

introductions

shane's pov

"shane! could you come downstairs please?" my mother yelled. i groaned, putting up my computer and heading down the stairs. my mother was cooking pancakes, as i sat down at the dining table.

"you know, i heard we have new neighbors" she said excitedly, turning her head towards me with a small smile on her face. 

in all honesty, i didn't really care. i already had a group of friends that i could hang out with. although, i was kind of suspicious of who this new neighbor was. maybe it's a pretty girl, and she could become the next big thing in my life, who knows?

"maybe it's a girl and i can finally have a girlfriend" i joked, raising an eyebrow to my mother, as she just chuckled. 

"first off, it's a boy. second, you're seventeen and you don't really need a girlfriend right now" my mother responded. "you have other things to worry about, shane."

"ugh. all my friends are dating someone, why can't i?" i exclaimed, slightly pouting as my mother just rolled her eyes at my nonsense. 

"fine then. you can have one after you meet the boy next door and make friends with him" she said smiling, knowing that she would be getting a good deal out of me. 

"mom! what if he's weird? everyone will laugh at me and i have a pretty good reputation at school right now!" i practically yelled, as she just shrugged and handed me my pancakes.

"i guess there will be no girlfriend then" she stated, as she then walked towards the sink to clean the dishes, not taking one glance over at me. 

i rolled my eyes and started to eat my pancakes. i wish my mother would just give in, and let me have a significant other. it's not like i was going to treat her wrong.  i like this one girl named lisa, but she is dating my best friend, daniel.  

i'll decided that it was just better to wait. maybe she'll come to her senses and choose me over him one day, but i highly doubt it. i finished up my pancakes and put my plate in the sink, grabbing my backpack and checking my hair once more in mirror. 

"go knock on the boy's door, and be nice please" my mother yelled from all the way upstairs, as i just groaned under my breath. "i heard that!" 

there was no point of arguing at this point. hopefully, he wasn't weird because i knew that i would have to hang out with him at some point. i exited the house and started walking to the new neighbor's house. our houses have a huge gap in between them, so it took longer than most houses to just go next door.

i stopped in front of the house and looked at it. it was a normal brown bricked house with some white to go along with it. i walked up the steps, and rang the door bell. there were voices, and suddenly the front door opened. it was a lady who looked like she was in her late thirties or early forties with nice short blonde hair. 

"oh, hello. you must be our next door neighbor" she spoke, extending her arm to shake my hand, as i nodded and shook her hand with a nice smile. 

 "i'm shane yaw" i smile, trying to give off a nice impression on the nice lady, not wanting her to have any bad thoughts about me. 

"nice to meet you shane, i'm vicki adams. i actually have a so-" she was saying, but she was interrupted when a boy popped out and took a single glance at me.

" speaking of the devil, ryland, this is the next door neighbor, shane" vicki introduced, i only smiled and waved at him. 

he gave a weak smile and waved back, almost as if he was a bit nervous to be meeting me. though, i'm probably wrong, why would he be? we kind of just stood there and thank god vicki noticed and got rid of it instantly.