She's The Billionaire: Meet Your Boss, Chris Baker

Today is the day.

Richard brushed his teeth, checking himself out in the mirror. He spat out the minty foam and smiled. Perfect, shiny, pearly whites. He shrugged on a crisp white shirt and flexed. Just tight enough to show off all those hours at the gym, but not too tight for the office. Or at least he didn’t think so.

Richard combed and brushed his hair. He used his fingers to spread mousse through his brown waves, making his hair seem even thicker and shinier than normal. He finished dressing with some dark blue slacks and shiny leather oxfords. Richard looked at himself in the mirror and smirked.

Looking good, he thought. Looking real good.

Before he left, Richard took out his phone.

Heading out. Ready to pick up some hot paralegals? He texted.

Only if I get to be more than just the wingman. Dick. Mike texted back.

Yeah right, Richard thought.

The traffic was tough, but Richard made it to Baker & Austin’s just in time. He parked, slammed his car door, and ran to the elevators in the garage. The walls of the elevator were reflective, so he checked himself out again and adjusted a few stray hairs. Right before the doors opened, he put a smile on his face.

“Nice to see that you could make it, Mr. Holder,” Mr. Dunn said. Richard shrugged. Mr. Dunn looked down at the clipboard and stack of papers in his hands.

“Okay, it looks like you’re all here. So let me be the first to welcome you to your first day at Baker & Austin’s law firm,” he said. He handed out large paper folders to everyone as he talked.

“Today you’ll get your own desks, meet the paralegals you’ll be working with, and meet your mentors,” Mr. Dunn said. “Chris Baker wants to meet with each of you individually, so I’ll let you know when it’s your turn. Any questions?”

None of the young lawyers said a word.

“Great, then you should all get to know one another.”

They went around in a circle sharing their names, their schools, and their hometowns. Richard could already recognize a few faces, since everyone had gone to Ivy Leagues. There were only two girls, and he tried to imagine what their breasts looked like under their blazers as they talked. He was pretty sure one of them had Ds, at least. Maybe a large C. Richard’s reveries were interrupted by the older man with the clipboard.

“Now that you guys all know each other, let’s get you guys some desks,” Mr. Dunn said.

As they walked down the hall another group pushed past them, walking in the opposite direction. They didn’t even give Richard and the others a second look. They walked quickly to the elevator, not running but not wasting time either. Purposeful.

“Those would be the higher-ups,” Dunn said.

Richard looked at them again as they filled the elevator and disappeared behind it’s closing doors. He thought he was looking good, but those guys were looking sharp! They had watches on their wrists that could pay off his student loans. Richard couldn’t afford that kind of style. Not yet.

In the middle of all the men was one woman. She was nearly as tall as they were in her black stiletto heels, and she definitely didn’t look like a paralegal. Her long dark hair was slicked back into a high pony tail, her lips were deep red, and Richard could tell that she had a nice curvy ass under that office skirt. Who was she? That’s what he wanted to know.

“Okay guys, if you’re done gawking at the people who control your fate, we’ve got things to do,” Dunn said. He tapped his clipboard.

The rest of the day passed quickly. There wasn’t much for the new lawyers to do but sit back and watch everything that happened around them. The real work would start tomorrow. Today, well, it was just a preview.