18: entry number twenty-eight

y'know what's funny? the way you smile when you see him driving away after dropping you off. eyes wide open as you scan the road once again, just in case he's driving back to say goodnight because he forgot to. but he doesn't and while the road gets emptier, you decide that it's time to walk back home because there's no time to waste. the sun is setting, the world is still spinning and your life doesn't just end there.

once again, the sun's radiance gets heavier and heavier on your fragile shoulders, a fake smile dancing upon the horizon of your tinted lips. and as time goes by, you realize the importance of life and of living. that the fact that you're existing is more than enough to get rid of the heavy weight under your tired eyes. yes, it's hard sometimes. there won't always be a reply from your favourite person, there won't always be success in the things you do. but let me tell you one thing: there is more to life than heartbreak.

and until you feel that happiness again, i'll be here to remind you of the reason why you're still here. alive, breathing and making people happy with the way you sing with your smiling eyes. the crescent moon looking upon your shining soul, tempted to introduce you into its universe and thinks you just need a happy ending to become one of the stars.

- for the hearts that still needs mending.