Chapter twenty-two

Hey, new chapter! You sure are going to be experiencing a range of emotions while reading this chapter, but I hope you all like it. So...

Go on and read and tell me what you think!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zack's P. O. V

It's been a week since Kyle was beaten up and still he refused to go to school, even though the bruises have long since faded. I guess what happened seriously scared him.

I, on the other hand, had to go to school like normal during that time.

A few things have happened too:

1) Mia and I seemed to have reached a truce between us and we were on good terms now. She's not as bad to be around as I had originally thought. Plus, she gives me tips on how to handle my still-can't-really-be-called-a-relationship with Kyle since I have yet to ask him out properly. (I'm getting there though, don't rush me.)

2) Kyle and I are closer than ever too. I was okay being around him and doing the simpler intimate actions: hugging, holding hands, and a few others. We also decided to sleep on the same bed from now on and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Kissing and anything beyond that might take some more time. Though Kyle is fine with going slow, I think he's just happy that I'm actually trying to have a relationship with him in the first place.

3) Dave's had some leads as to Kyle's dad's whereabouts but there has still been no luck capturing him. Both Kyle and I think he's no threat to us but you never know...

4) I came out to my parents and told them I was gay and had special feelings for Kyle and they were okay with it, even encouraged it. Mother seemed overly ecstatic about the whole thing and can't seem to contain her fan girl squeals every time I do something with Kyle that she considers is 'super cute.'

That's about it, I think.

At the moment I was back at home, sitting on the couch with Kyle, my arms wrapped around him as we watched a movie. It was around five o'clock and both my parents were at work and wouldn't be back until late at night. So it was just me and Kyle all alone, and it was killing me!

I could feel the warmth radiating off him, was aware of every breath he took, every shift in movement. I couldn't even concentrate on the movie, that's how much I was paying attention to him.

I wanted to do more than just hold him. I wanted to ravish him with kisses until he was out of breath. Run my hands down the length of his body, and so much more.

It was becoming harder and harder to control these urges of mine as the week went on and I was afraid I would succumb to them soon and that I wouldn't regret them. In fact, I knew that I wouldn't stop myself even if I could when I started.

I tightened my hold on Kyle and rested my head on his shoulder as I watched what was going on in the movie absentmindedly. It wasn't like I hadn't seen the movie before, so I wasn't missing much.

By the time the movie was over it was time for dinner and I could tell Kyle was starving from the way his stomach growled obnoxiously. I chuckled and slid Kyle off me so that I could stand up and looked down at him when he complained.

"What do you want to eat?" I asked and instantly his eyes lit up at the mention of food and he jumped off the couch and ran to the kitchen, me following after him.

"Hmm," he looked thoughtful for a minute before shrugging. "I don't know, you decide."

"How about we order some pizza?" I offered, not really in the mood to cook.