Are You Calling Me A Liar?

Beth

When I woke up in my bed I was alone. I was still surprised even though Jim had said that he’d leave when I fell asleep again, annoyingly I felt kind of disappointed and lonely without him here. My bed which I have always loved was now cold and too big for just one person to feel comfortable in.

It was nice falling asleep and knowing that someone was there too, I felt so safe with Jim next to me and without him, even in the day light everything took on a more sinister potential than they did yesterday; pathetic I know but it’s the truth and I’ve never been one to belittle honesty.

Gradually I made my out of bed, my progression was admittedly slow but I was exhausted from my run last night, I haven’t built up nearly enough stamina for my wolf body yet. I need to start setting aside time to run and train as well as everything else, the last thing I want is to become an easy target and as the next Alpha in line of such a big pack that is exactly what I'll be if I don't shape up.

Once I had a shower and washed all the sleep out of my hair I got dressed, purposefully bypassing any short dresses that Lucy threw my way at the mall – I may be willing to give this whole mate thing a try but I’m not trying to seduce the guy, although whatever last night was kind of makes that void now...

Taking another look at the clothes that I had so hastily tossed aside, I rummaged through until I realised that I was trying to look for something for Jim to enjoy; what is wrong with me? I can’t even control my dress sense now? Besides I can’t go slutting it up especially not with my Dad around. I shivered in disgust at myself and dropped the clothes like they were suddenly dirty and pulled on my first ever – since I’ve been back here anyway – full length skinny jeans and a light weight long sleeved sweater, I don’t care if there is a damn heat wave I am not selling myself out.

I smiled smugly at myself in the mirror in an insane moment before I walked out of my room and slid my way downstairs on the banister, seeing the end in sight I propelled myself gently from the varnished wood slide and landed softly on the balls of my feet right in front of the door. I could hear movement in the kitchen so I went to go see if my Dad had made me any breakfast but by the expression on his face when he saw me in the doorway, he had forgotten I was even here.

His mouth gaped with gross cereal mulch, he saw my disgusted face and swallowed his mouthful loudly. “What are you still doing here”? 

“Uh, morning to you to Dad, geez”. I shook my head at the old man and grabbed a bowl from the dishwasher and the box of lucky charms next to the coffee machine, pouring myself a bowl with my back to him.

“Beth, what are you doing here”? He urged again. Is he really that senial already?

“Uh I live here Dad” I told him shaking my head while I got a spoon from the draw to go with my breakfast.

Dad rolled his eyes. “I know that but you should’ve been at Jim’s place an hour ago”. It was my turn to be surprised  now, what the hell was he talking about?

“What are you talking about”?

“Your schooling starts today, an hour ago to be precise” he told me getting irrate and pointing at the kitchen clock. Admittedly it did say ten o'clock and he told me to be there at nine but he said nothing about going there so I stood my ground, crossing my arms over my chest.

“No one said that I had to go to his place”.

The old man furrowed his eyebrows. "He said he talked to you about it”. I glared at the wall, how dare he put words in my mouth!

“He said nothing of the sort I can assure you, why do I have to go to his place”?!

“He made a good point about how you might be more inclined to slack off if you’re in your own home and I agreed so the plan was that he’d teach you at his place, are you sure he didn’t tell you anything”? He asked me suspiciously now, thinking that I was trying to get out of school.