✙ Chapter 30 ✙

Hey!

So, I reached a thousand followers and a million reads!!! Like, how? But, thank you so much to all of you for giving my story a chance - some of you leave the sweetest comments and it seriously makes my day! For this accomplishment, here's another chapter! Oh, and one last thing - check out that song over there ----> It'll be the one to play when everything comes to an end ;)

~Lissa

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Holy sh*t!"

My eyes widened in shock at Brody's first response; that was seriously the first time that I had ever heard him swear. I glanced to my side, surprised to see Caine still standing there - he hadn't vanished as I had assumed. He looked at me with a reassuring grin and pulled out a white handkerchief, wiping his fingers. Then, I turned my attention back to Brody, surprised to find him wavering from side-to-side. I uttered his name as his eyes rolled back and he tumbled to the floor, landing with a loud thud! I gasped and hurried towards him; Drew remained staring at Caine, disbelief written across his face. Noah watched me with a pocket knife in his hand, which was basically defenseless against Caine.

Dropping to my knees beside Brody, I shook his shoulders. "You've got to be kidding me," I muttered, slapping his cheeks. He actually fainted from seeing a 'ghost' - a part of me was laughing inside and I pinched my lips together to keep any laughter from escaping. Moments later, Brody groaned, slowly peeling his eyes open. He looked me up and down, before glancing around; the moment his eyes landed on Caine again, he moaned. "I'm going to faint again."

I rolled my eyes. "No, you aren't." I grabbed his arm and started tugging him to his feet, feeling the ache in my calves. Stumbling to his feet, Brody leaned against me for support, staring at Caine in shock. "He exists - you weren't lying! He exists! Dude, I heard he has super powers, like he can shoot fireballs from his hands!"

Caine chuckled. "While I'm capable of many things, I'm not capable of that, Brody."

"He knows my name," Brody whispered, frozen. "I'm doomed."

"I'm not here to cause anybody harm unless they prove to be a threat towards Nora," Caine explained, neatly shoving his handkerchief back into his pocket. Brody relaxed next to me, taking an exaggerated breath. I felt somebody's shoulder brush against mine and I turned my head, seeing Noah standing next to me. He was gripping the pocket knife, tightly - his knuckles were beginning to turn white. Caine nudged Reece's body with his foot, tilting his head to one side. "This one was about to kill her, so I stepped in - I hope he wasn't a big loss."

Brody's eyes shifted towards Reece's body. "That's Reece!"

"Actually, he was banned from my pack," Drew responded, his voice quiet. "But, his brother is my third-in-command." The moment his words processed in my head, I bit my bottom lip, remembering that his third-in-command was Hulk. I didn't know how he was going to take the death of his brother; obviously, he was going to be heartbroken. But, I was praying he wouldn't seek revenge; while I didn't trust Hulk, he was actually a nice person. He took good care of Katie and tolerated her brother, despite his loud mouth. To be honest, I liked him a whole lot better than Cole. Brody cleared his throat next to me and looked away from Reece's body.

"Well, I didn't have a choice," Caine responded, clasping his hands together. "He was going to kill your mate."

Drew looked over his shoulder at me, worried. "Are you okay?"