An Inspiration For Innovation

Start writing your story

| AN; The art respectfully belongs to the original owner! | ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀

⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

「⁀➴✧𑀀゚𓂂」⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀ ⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

"Um, hello?" Your voice seemed to wane down the corridor, shrinking to absolutely nothing once the wooden labyrinth had absorbed it.

Once, a long time ago, you had called these hallways your home. You had done work here diligently, always construing new ideas or projects for the small production company. Joey Drew was once a man you had admired throughout the time you spent with him, from the awkward moment of meeting one another in a college speech class, to being affiliated in the same business a few years down the road.

Joey was a very eccentric man, some of his best methods were, in a sense, unorthodox, but his studious crew had quickly learned to accept this odd behavior. He was a tall man, with long, dark locks that he slicked back onto his head. Slivers of gray were vaguely noticed at times, just down along the edges of his well-kept sideburns. He always kept his face clean and shaved, and he was dressed in a suit a majority of the time. In fact, he wore one so often, you wouldn't be surprised if he slept in it. Joey had thin, auburn brows that always seemed to sit in a puzzled expression atop his hazel eyes.

For quite the span of time following your graduation, you worked under Joey as your boss at an old workshop that he had rented out. You became close with both he, and the other men and women he hired to work in the studio. He had converted the place into his own little slice of heaven, and hired you as an illustrator to create artwork alongside a close friend of his. His name was Henry.

Henry had more than likely been the best thing to have happened to that place. He was a bit older than you when the two of you had started to work together, and not only had you become compatible coworkers because of your similar personalities, but he was the best friend you could have made in that hellhole. And like you, Henry himself was an illustrator. He and you were actually the ones responsible for creating three, very important lives on paper.

Initially, Joey brought two characters to the table: Bendy the Demon, and Boris the Wolf. He only had ideas, and thus wholly poured them out onto the conference table to his employees. He was a born leader, and his crew worked under him without a complaint; most of the time.

Everyone was so determined to help him in the beginning, that, for the first several weeks, every hand available was drawing or composing or organizing according to Joey's whim. The man had big dreams, and even bigger balls to go through with some perilous moves that could have left the company drowning in a financial sinkhole. Things constantly seemed to be looking up for him, no matter where he moved his piece on the chess board.

But, every director had a falling out, didn't they? Joey Drew's just happened to follow in tow to his corporate success. Everything in the studio was excellent, you and Henry had been promoted from singlehanded illustrators to clever and crafty animators. A young, blonde man by the name of Sammy Lawrence had been hired as the lead composer.

Typically, you tended to question Joey's sporadic method of picking and choosing out of the latter, especially when he chose you, but Sammy was nothing short of a miracle to the company. He never wasted a moment perfecting a pitch or tweaking a lyric, however; he was found to complain a lot, even about minor things that most workers ignored.

There was a new character design brought in by a young woman, who was actually chosen by Joey to be her voice actor: Alice Angel, Bendy's female counterpart. You didn't understand the significance of sex appeal in a black and white cartoon, but, everyone executed whatever floated Joey's boat. The woman's name was Susie Campbell, you never really got around to knowing her, considering you were in different departments. Everyone seemed to be on top of things, they had the upper hand, the odds were in their favor, etcetera. Everyone except Joey Drew.