Authors Note

Hello, wonderful reader! Just a huge thanks in advance for checking this story out! I'm hoping you'll love it. If you do, please vote and comment as it helps me know if this world of mine is any good on paper. 

Just a few notes about this book:

1 - I don't have an updating schedule. However, this means on weeks that I have the time, I post several new chapters. My life is just too irregular to stick to a specific day, but I always try to update at least once per week. 

2 - The romance aspect of this book is not something that happens quickly. Like everything good in life, it takes time and countless mistakes before something good comes of it. 

3 - My characters have flaws. Each and every one of them. You will hate them at times, and you will love them at times. (Trust me, I'm right there with you.) But, keep in mind that if someone always did what was considered 'right' or 'smart', they'd be perfect. And, perfect characters make for a boring story. 

That's all for now. Please feel free to ask me any questions, point out any errors, and let me know what you think of this world. 

Happy reading!

Mquistey

***

"Who are you?" My voice came out barely above a whisper as I continued to try and create distance between me and the man.

He stared at me, something stirring in his eyes at my voice. Whatever was there didn't settle right in my stomach, and I involuntarily froze. He noticed this and proceeded to close the distance between us, reaching again for my shoulder. It only took a second for my mind to register this. When it did, I spun around and began sprinting. However, I hadn't realized he'd backed me into the same boulder I had been hiding in just moments ago.

I ran straight into the rocks but turned around quickly when I realized I was trapped. When I came face to face with him again, I reached for my backpack. I quickly unclipped my pepper spray and pressed down, letting the burning liquid reach the man's face. I waited for him to recoil so I could break away, but he didn't move. In fact, all he did was bring his shirt up to his face and wipe off the oozing liquid. I stared in disbelief, glancing between him and my spray. Then, it hit me. Pepper spray worked on humans.

***

Text copyright © Mquistey ™ 2017

The moral right of the author has been asserted. All rights reserved. This story is published subject to the condition that it shall not be reproduced or re-transmitted in whole or in part, in any manner, without the written consent of the copyright holder, and any infringement of this is a violation of copyright law.

A single copy of the materials available in this story may be made, solely for personal, non-commercial use. Individuals must preserve any copyright or other notices contained in or associated with them. Users may not distribute said copies to others, whether or not in electronic form or in hard copy, without the prior written consent of the copyright holder of the materials. Contact information for the request for permission to reproduce or distribute materials available through this course are listed below:

mqpublishing@yahoo.com

All rights reserved ® Mquistey™