chapter19

Bella's POV

The drive to Breckinridge is normally long, but this time it was oddly short. Harry and I spent the time talking and me busting out into song occasionally. As we pull into Harry's drive way I realize how much I've missed his house. It's the closest thing I've had to a home in years. I wouldn't call my house much of a home considering the hell I've been through there.

I enter first, followed by Harry, I immediately rush over to  Anne. I've grown fond of her and her presence in the span of my last few visits, she's so warm and welcoming.

"How are you love?" Harry's mother asks as I sit next to her on their couch. Harry strides past with my bags in his hands, carrying them towards his room.

"I'm doing alright, how about yourself?" I reply with a smile. Anne warm smile covers her face as she begins to answer.

"As good as I'll ever be," she says placing her hand over mine. I can't help to notice how cold she is and how tired she looks. I can only imagine the suffering this woman is going through, yet she still manages to keep a smile on her face. Harry enters the room, walking over towards Anne and I, kissing his mother on the cheek.

"Hello mum, how are you feeling today?" he questions taking a seat next to me, resting his hand on my thigh.

"Quite okay actually son," she replies allowing her warm smile show once more. Just being in her presence brightens my mood.

"Well the festival starts in 3 hours we should probably go get ready," Harry points out, standing from the couch, making his way towards his room. I stand and with a small wave to Anne, I follow Harry to our destination. As I shut the door behind me, Harry pull his shirt over his head, walking over to his closet. I rummage through my bag, taking out my outfit options and makeup bag.

"Is there anywhere I can do my makeup?" I question and his eyebrows scrunch together.

"I told you, you don't need that shit," he replies, rolling his eyes. "The bathroom is across the hall," he huffs, knowing I'm not the type to give up. I give him a quick smile before exiting the room.

Harry's POV

"Hello mum, how are you feeling today?" I question walking over to my mother, kissing her on the cheek. I move to sit by Bella as my mum opens her mouth to speak.

"Quite okay actually son," she smiles, though she looks far from okay. If I could take all the suffering from my mom I would, in a heartbeat.

As we sit talking to my mum I notice the time, 5:00 o'clock, 3 hours till the festival. I know how long Bella takes to get ready, plus she has no clue what I have in store for her.

"Well the festival starts in 3 hours we should probably go get ready," I say to Bella as I stand from my spot on the couch.

I begin to get dressed as I am interrupted by Bella's soft voice, after closing the door.

"Is there anywhere I can do my makeup?"she enquirers. That fucking makeup that she thinks she needs, doesn't she get how beautiful she is without it?

"I told you, you don't need that shit," I say with a sigh, but I know she won't give up till she gets an answer. "The bathroom is across the hall," I sigh, giving in to her, as always. Giving me an evil grin, she saunters out, knowing she has all control over me.