Could Be Dangerous (Destiel)

I was having a regular day today, that was until someone made the effort to talk to me.

"Can I get a small cup of coffee?" I ask the woman at the counter. "'Course." She says with a small smile then walks away to get it. I stand there waiting in the small café, that is in our small town. I come here every Thursday morning right before school. That is, if I'm not gone on a hunt. The lady with short black hair comes back to the front counter with my coffee. "Anything else?" She asks. "Nah I'm good." I say. I hear her mutter something about 'manners' under her breath. Then I walk over to a small table for two.

See I'm not really the friendly type. I don't fit in. No one ever talks to me. And I don't make the effort to talk to them. I think friends are pointless. Much less girlfriends. They take up to much time, I don't have time to get distracted, also my life isn't exactly safe. People tend to get hurt around me. They always do, maybe that's why I'm not so social.

You might be thinking how is my life not safe. It's the job I do. Hunt. Not hunting deer or rabbits, or any type of animal, but ghosts, demons, vampires, shapeshifters, things like that, the supernatural. I'm often gone on the job, with my dad and Sammy, mostly just with Sam though. My dad tends to bail a lot, it aggravates me. He just leaves without saying a goddamn word. I've been hunting since I was a young kid. Since my mom died.

We've finally somewhat settled down though, at least the most settled down we can get. At the beginning of the year (my sophomore year) we moved to this small town in Indiana. We even bought a small house to call 'home'-for now. We are still on the road quiet often though. I would hold the record for the most skipped school days.

I sip at my coffee which was plain. I look down at it with a frown. Then I remember, I forgot to put a mint in it. I always put a mint in my coffee. I reach in my pocket and pull out a mint. I fumble with the wrapper until I can tear it open, then I plop it in my coffee. I swirl my cup around a few times then sip it. There, much better.

Then something strange happens. Out of no where this kid, who I have seen at school before but do not know (much less his name), comes up to me. I stare up at him, confused. "May I sit with you?" He asks. "Uh, sure?" I say sitting up straighter. He sits down on the seat across from me.

"My names Castiel Novak by the way, I go by Cas though." He says. I just stare at him. I'm not trying to be rude, I just seriously have zero social skills. After a while he says; "What's yours?" I snap out of my gaze of not knowing what to do. "Oh, yeah, er...Dean." I say. "Dean...?" He says. "Hmm? Oh, Winchester." I stammer. He smiles. "Nice. So...where are you from, Dean Winchester?" He asks, trying the new name. I shake my head. "I used to travel, well I kinda still do." I say. It's not a lie, I travel I just leave the details out. "Oh wow. Do you like traveling? Where all have you been?" He asks, resting his head on his palm of his hand. "Uh...it's okay, and nowhere that cool." I say, shrugging it off. "So, you travel but have been nowhere 'cool'. I don't believe it." He says. I look down at my cup, then take another sip, not knowing what to say.

Judging on what I have seen at school Castiel is not a very popular kid either. Unlike me he has a few friends, who I also don't know. From all I know he's the weird, nerdy, dork in the school.

"Hmm." He says, thinking. He is just staring at me. Leaning into the table, one elbow on, head resting on his palm, and staring at me, like he's studying me. I look anywhere but his eyes, my eyes settle back on my cup. "Why'd your family decide to move here? To stop traveling?" He asks, finally finding his questions. I sigh. "Um, I kinda told my dad I was sick of moving around and wanted to go to only one school, so he found a small town and, bam, we moved in." I say. He nods, still looking at me. I look down at my watch, it's eight forty five. "Erm, well I got to get off to school so yeah, bye." I say. I grab my book bag and sling it over my shoulder, I nod at Castiel then head toward the door, before I leave I look back at him quickly before his eyes meet mine then leave.