#THREE

The next morning I woke up after 2 hours of sleep lookong like a zombie, I took a cold shower to wake myself up and then tried to make my face look decent and to cover the dark circles uder my eyes. Actually I was making myself pretty only for Marina, I still wanted to make a good impression on her.In the kitchen I drank a cup of hot coffe and said goodmorning to my family, kissed Chuck on the cheek and then made my way to school, I wasn't late but I was walking fast because I just wanted to see Marina again, It's strange to say since we've only knew eachother for less than 24 hours but I felt a really deep connection with her, it's hard to explain but it was like we were meant to meet eachother. I arrived at school and saw some girls out watching me and laughing, were they laughing at me? But I just headed inside the building and went straight to my locker were I finay saw Marina, I smiled and walked towards her, "Hello" she closed her locker and smiled at me:"Goodmorning, I brought you something." She handed me her copy of Lolita, it was a different edition from mine, probably older, I put it in my bag and gave her mine. She smiled and took my arm, then we made our way to our first class: music. I have always loved music since I was a kid, music has always inspired me and helped me yo feel less lonely knowing that one day I would have find my people, a community like they used to do in the sixties, and now that I found Marina I know that she will be a part of that community I have always fantasized about since I was little and I couldn't be more grateful for this.

While we walked in the corridors I noticed the same group of girls I saw this morning outside school staring at me, but now they were staring at Marina, she probably knew them so I asked her:"Hey do you know those girls? I noticed them this morning outside school and they were staring at me." the smile from her face quickly disappeared, "Oh they are the mean girls, everyone hates them but everyone wants to be their friend, everyone except me, and I don't think they are happy about it, in fact they hate me, just ignore them and they won't bother you."
"Ugh the Barbies, every school has them, do they bother you M?" She looked sad, did I say something wrong? "Hey Marina? Did I say something wrong? I'm sorry I didn't want to upset you." She smiled and rassecured me :"No don't worry, it's just-." She couldn't finish her phrase that the whole Barbie group was standing in front of us, there were four girls, all blonde but I bet three of them were bottle blondes, and the worst thing is that they're clothes were all matching, and all pink, ridiculous, are we in Mean Girls and nobody told me? Anyway Marina looked scared by the one, I believe is the leader, that was scanning me, my anxiety was at the stars and my hands were starting to shake. Then the blonde talked to me: "So I guess you are new here, not just because I haven't seen you around but because you are hanging out with this freak!" She said pointing at Marina while the other girls started laughing in choir, I noticed that a crowd of people was standing around us watching, and my anxiety went totally out of control, I was about to faint but then the girl said: "Well it's obvious that she doesn't know you freak, or she would never hang out with you, why would someone ever want to be your friend anyway?" I saw Marina starting to cry and the Blonde opening her mouth again, but this time I didn't give her the time to say a letter and punched her right in the nose, everyone was so shocked but I was furious: "DON'T YOU DARE TALKING LIKE THIS ABOUT MY FRIEND EVER AGAIN. Or the next time you won't be able to speak ever again! Did you hear me?!" Then I turned to the crowd arounfmd us and added :"And if everyone of you has a problem with my best friend, then come talk with me, understand?!" My face was on fire, but then the bell rang and everyone went straight to their classroom except me and Marina that went to the bathroom, she was still crying, so I handed her a tissue but instead of taking it she hugged me and said with her head in my neck :"Thank you so much Lizzy, this was the kindest thing someones ever done for me." I couldn't help but smile and hug her thight, I wonder why that girl was so mean to her, but this is not the right moment to aks M about it. "Hey what do you think of wash your face and I will adjust your makeup later uhm?" She nodded yes and smiled, "Oh my God I look terrible!" I started laughing, "Don't worry I'll soon fix that" I said smiling. 20 minutes and some make up later Marina looked like a Greek Goddess, not that she needed make up I mean she is naturally beautiful. Then we made our way to our music class, Even if we were 20 minutes late the Teacher let us in, he probably heard of what happened in the hallway, also everyone was watching us and my face turned red. He looked nice :"Hello girls, I hope this is the first and last time you arrive late at my lesson, by the way I am Mr. Andrews but you can call me Jake if you want, the fact that you two still showed up at my class makes me think that you both like music, ma I right?" We both nodded and he smiked, "Great so why don't you take a seat and tell us what kind of music do you like?" My felt my face beacoming even more red and I saw Marina smiling, we took place in the back of the classroom, near the window, "So miss Grant right? Why don't you start by telling us what kind of music you like?" So speaking in public has always been a problem for me, well I phisically and verbally attached a girl litterally half an hour ago but that was because she was hurting Marina, and while I was trying to put the words togheter she she picked my arm and told me to just relax, and so I did :"Ehm I don't really have a favorite genre, I listen to everything, my favourite singers are Elvis Presley, Bob Dylan, Kurt Cobain, Axl Rose and John Lennon, I listen to the bests of every genre, to whatever I feel like inspires me, I also like the sixties and the sense of freedom that is attached to that era. The Beatles, Elvis, Marylin Monroe I like the aesthetic of those years and the idea of a future where everything is possible." I felt relieved, I then noticed that Marina was holing my hand, and that my shaking had stopped, I blushed and smiked a little.
"Well thank you Elizabeth for sharing your music taste and toughts with us, and now I guess it's your turn Miss Diamandis right?" Marina was a lot more outgoing than me, so why didn't she responded to that girl this morning? She must have done something terrible to her to make her cry. "Well I am more orientated to pop: I love Madonna and Britney Spears, but like Lizzy I like to listen to everything that inspires me, and I also love Eminem, and I play the piano, I have always found music a way to escape from the reality that sourrounds me. And it helped me a lot." She looked at me and I smiked at her, I can't believe she was actually real and my Best friend.