Chapter 12 Houses

Chapter 12 Houses

6 Months Pregnant

            I woke up drenched in sweat. Over the past month It had become harder and harder to sleep because I was always so freaking hot.

            I rolled over and looked at the alarm clock. I sighed and rolled my eyes at the time. 2:30a.m

            As if to annoy me even more the heat kicked on. “Damnit!” I said angrily “Can’t a pregnant chick get a freaking break!” It was the middle of freaking February how could I be this freaking hot.

            I rolled over trying to get comfortable but all I could think about was how hot it was in the bedroom. I threw the covers off of me and stripped my shirt and shorts so I was just in my bra and underwear.

            I turned on my side and closed my eyes trying everything in my power to get back to sleep. But apparently that was not going to happen because I was still sweating and I was very uncomfortable.

            I turned over so I was facing Chad, he looked so peaceful wrapped up in the covers. I didn’t want to wake him but I knew if I didn’t I would never fall back asleep.

            I tapped him lightly on the shoulder. “Chad?” I whispered but he didn’t hear me. When this kid fell asleep it was like he was dead. It was harder than hell to get him to wake up. I tapped his shoulder again “Chad.” I said a little louder this time her heard me.

            “Yeah Mand.” He said sleep evident in his voice

            “It’s so hot in here will you pleas go turn down the heat. I can’t sleep in here when its this freaking hot.”

            Mandy, are you serious it’s freezing in here. You have three fans on you and the heat is only set on 62 degrees. How much colder do you want it to be in here, your killing me babe.”

            “Please Chad I’m begging you. I’m drenched in sweat and I’m so hot.” I replied with puppy dog eyes not that he could see them in the dark but a girl had to try.

            Chad didn’t respond back he just got out of bed with a groan and walked out the door. I could tell by the way he was walking he was a little irritated but he would never tell me if he was.

            After a few minutes he returned back into the bedroom. It was almost comical the way he was dressed. It looked like he was getting ready to go play out in the snow or something. I didn’t honestly know how anyone could sleep with that much clothing on.

            Chad had on a long sleeve shirt with a hoodie over it. Then he had on two pairs of flannel pants, two pairs of socks which he had his pants tucked into so that his ankles wouldn’t get cold. Then he had his hood over his head and tied so that it wouldn’t fall off in sleep.

            I couldn’t help but laugh at him. “How can you not be sweating in that much clothing?” I asked

            “Well, if my lovely girlfriend who I love dearly would quit making me turn down the heat further and further I wouldn’t have to dress this way.” He chuckled.

            “Hmmm…. Well, considering that your lovely girlfriend who you love so dearly is carrying your child your just going to have to deal with the coldness because this mommy to be really needs sleep and if she is hot it ain’t going to happen.” I said.