The Heist

Surprise!

First off Explicit Warning for this chapter! Wee-Yew! Wee-Yew! Wee-Yew!

This is a special extra that takes place years after the events of Inquisition when Dorian stumbles upon the Inquisitor sneaking into his study. It was also my first attempt at an MxM sex scene so please, be gentle.

______________________________________________________

His doors made an inescapable creak followed by a screeching whine as they closed. Most probably wouldn't even notice, going about their days from one end of his estate to the other, but Dorian paid attention when the whine rose above the imposing silence of someone attempting to sneak into or out of his home. Tapping a foot on the rug, he waited a moment while staring down at the second level as a party was commencing.

All in all it was a rather humdrum affair, and sadly he only had himself to blame for it. His heart wasn't in it, more a time marker to kill off the season before fall began than anything worthy of caring for. Then a face appeared at his door that he never could have anticipated. Trying to keep himself unperturbed, he flitted from arm to arm trading hilarious anecdotes and warning everyone about the subpar wine. But always at the corner of his eye he caught the white hair combed into something almost respectful, the lithe body swaddled in a tight silk doublet, and those eyes.

Blessed Andraste, he could never misplace those eyes.

After a count of twenty, Dorian padded towards the door to his office that he watched the naked heel of a foot vanish inside of. He could be sneaky about the whole matter, or raise his hands in ire and fire to banish the thief out a window. But all he really wanted were answers, though he remained uncertain just what questions were involved.

Lifting the latch for his study and occasional solarium if he despised whoever popped by too early, Dorian stepped fully into the lightened space. Columns of marble painted with the life story of Andraste held up the roof to his home and filled the overstuffed corners of the office. His desk was magnificent, nearly ten feet long with curved edges and gold inlaid into the top to form the symbol of his little gang of do-gooders. Secretly underneath he had silver poured into gouges to create the Inquisition's eye, but few ever wound up under his desk to look.

And any in that position were too distracted to bother with scoping out his furniture.

A few bookcases lined the walls, mostly stuffed with stodgy reading on politics and law riddles that flourished in the Magisterium. All of his better tomes were in the library, but the ones he needed to have at hand for when yet another crisis arose in his beloved homeland circled around them. There were a few crystal display cases propping up some of Dorian's affects of a varied life scratched out serving in the Magisterium. It was around one of these that he spotted the man, his hand literally stuck inside the proverbial cookie jar.

"Well," Dorian tipped his head, doing his best to swallow down the sting in his velvety voice, "now I have my answer."

"Dorian?" the unexpected guest and even less expected thief yanked his arm back and tried to hide it behind his back. The man need not bother trying to sequester his other hand as it was taken from him many years prior.

"I was curious what could have possibly brought Inquisitor Lavellan to my door after all this time," Dorian sighed while walking deeper into his study. As he moved, the candles all sputtered to life, casting the assailant in the harsh light of truth. "And it appears it was to burgle me."