Some Backstory

In order to understand this story you will need to know some things. 

This is a short story that is a part of a bigger story I wish to publish someday. Mainly the story is just an origin story of a random character I developed. The bigger book series will never make an appearance on wattpad but this little story won't be in the book either so I have to put it somewhere! 

So here is a quick backstory on the creatures in this story known as Wrivriens as well as the setting. 

The story is set in a fantasy, medieval time period. During this time the humans are at war with the creatures known as mystics. These are the elves, dwarves, halflings, fairies, and basically anything not human. When I say, at war, what I mean is that they have slowly taken over and abused the mystics. Mystics are abused as they are enslaved and or slaughtered on sight. 

Wrivriens are my take on werewolves. They are creatures with elf like features in human form but they can shift from human to wolf. Many wrivriens never come in contact with humans. They keep to themselves in large packs where they are ruled by pack law lead by pack leaders and a ranking system. They are rustic and almost barbaric creatures living in tribal settings. Their culture is quite beautiful though. I would know, I made it.  

Now back to pack law. If a wrivrien were to break this pack law, the pack as a right to kill that wrivrien or send them away as a rogue. This is where stories of werewolves come in. Since wrivriens are social creatures, it is in their blood to be apart of a pack. It is there everything! Their identity even. To have that taken away is worse than death. It is like having a part of themselves torn out of them. Many wrivriens eventually lose their sanity and wolf out. This is when it gets bad. In wolf form they are slightly bigger than dire wolves and are far more deadly. When they have wolfed out, they often attack and terrorize anything in site, including human villages. This makes wrivriens more of a threat. 

Meanwhile, other rogued wrivriens will start broken packs consisting of partially sane wolves. This isn't the same as a real pack and it's members aren't their own blood. Something about it still isn't like having the original but its something. 

I hope this makes reading a lot easier. Keep in mind that this is a rough draft so there will be typos and errors. Enjoy!