Chapter 4 - Edited Once

Julian

(Edited once)

The unmated pack men and I watched the last football game of the season, and we were winning. All the loud cheering and curses made my throat dry, so I stood up and walked to the kitchen. 

I grabbed my water cup and sat on the chair. "Everything's so quiet lately. Hopefully, it stays that way. We fought a lot of rogues last week." I stretched my arms and stood up, ready to take a shower. However, an angelic voice stopped me in my tracks. 

The cry for help that got registered in my mind snapped me out of my daze. I rushed to the main door, feeling like my world froze and I was the only one moving.

Before I could see who it was, the smell of sweet lavender entered my nostrils. I felt at ease when I understood what it meant, so I made my pack members clear the way, and my eyes landed on her. She was the most captivating woman I have ever seen. She took my breath away as her beauty enchanted my essence of existence. Her black hair made her stunning gray eyes stand out to tell a story filled with mixed emotions. I studied her facial features carefully and realized that she did not see us yet. 

'Our perfect mate!' Peter, my wolf, yelled in my head. She was drop-dead gorgeous.

'We found her! Or she found us!' I was too excited.

I took in my surroundings and noticed that my men were staring at her, and I was not too fond of that. She was wearing little clothes, and I wanted to hide her in my arms, away from anyone's reach. My protective instinct kicked in. 

As I was about to hold her, an irritating voice stopped me.

"You fucking bitch!" he screamed as he held a rock. He tried to hit her with it, but I blocked him as I saw red. I was shivering with rage. She was my mate, and I had to protect her. He had no right to try and harm her. Or anyone else, for that matter.

I glared at him. "What do you think you're doing?" I questioned, feeling Peter's anger rise as he was about to lose control. The damned man looked at me, then at my mate, and she scowled like she wanted to kill him. 

He's not good! Bad news!′ Peter commented, and I almost rolled my eyes. My Alpha wolf's vocabulary gets thrown out of the window whenever he is angry.

"She's my sister; I want her home," the man replied, and I could not help but feel very protective of her. She was mine, my mate. I was her mate. Hers alone.

No one will take her away from me as long as I am alive.

She let out a humorless laugh and clenched her fists. "Sister? I think we have established that already. Home? What home? You never viewed me as your sister. You were about to sell me, for God's sake! I will never consider that building as my home. Leave me alone," she yelled at the top of her lungs, and I was appalled at her allegations. He was a notorious sick bastard, and I had no problem killing him.

"You heard her. Get out of my house!" I demanded and pushed him out. He lost his mind when he tried to punch me in my own house, but I stopped him before touching me and shoved him to the ground. I took that as my golden chance and smacked his irritating face hard. My instincts told me he deserved the beating, and I enjoyed knocking the crap out of him.

'Yes, smash his ugly face!' Peter cheered.

"Well, that's awkward!" Through my rage, I glanced at my precious mate and got angrier. My pack males staring at her body made me stop hitting her brother and concentrate on her. 

'Turn around right this instant, you horny motherfuckers. She's my mate.' I yelled through the mind-link with total possessiveness. They were stunned at my statement, nevertheless, turned to face the wall. When I got back to my senses, I realized that the bastard had escaped.

Cody, take someone with you and chase after that prick,' I ordered through the mind-link. It was more convenient than a text message.

'Yes, Alpha,' he replied and ran after him with other men.

I walked towards my mate and warped my arms around her waist. Her being in my arms felt so natural and real and right. 

Our beautiful mate is finally here,′ Peter sighed with delight, and I nodded, agreeing with him.

She raised her head and looked at me with her beautiful grays. "Mine!" I growled, warning the unmated men. The mated ones were not here since they had their own homes near my house. I loved hanging out at the pack's house because we did not have mates, but now I was more than thrilled to move entirely to my own home with my long-awaited mate.

"No, I don't think so." She tried to wiggle her way from my grip. Still, I could not help but tighten my grip on her. She will not go anywhere. I will protect, love, and cherish her.

I smiled. "You are mine," I repeated and looked at the men. "All of you, return to your rooms and do not dare spare another glance at her," I commanded, and they bowed their heads in respect and then walked away.

"I am yours? How come?" she asked, looking bewildered and confused. She was clearly a human, but I did not care. I needed her in my life. I wanted her by my side. I gazed into her eyes, and I could still see the fear in them. Whatever her brother did to her, he will pay for it.

"What's your name, beautiful?" I asked with a smile. 

'Was it creepy to call her beautiful?' I asked Peter.

'You called her mine... that's creepy enough,' he remarked, and he had a point.

"Stella." Beautiful.

"I'm Julian Woods." I knew from the moment I saw her that she would be my everything. 

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hello lovely readers ;-)

I hope you liked this chapter ♕

Please vote and comment; it will mean a lot ♡