My father isn't the king (2)

"Lift up your head, princess, if not the crown falls."

☆☆☆

FAYE JACKSON POV

Today is the interview. I don't know how to feel but these past two days Liz called me every second to remind me of her 5 million dollar and I've officially lost my shit.

We will see if I will get the job or not. If not I can go back to my animals and if I do then I can find his weakness. What will be very rare because of the stories I heard from Liz.

She said that he's rude and heartless never has anyone seen him laugh not even his maid that raised him up since he was a little kid, but recently got fired because she pissed him off.

From the stories that Liz told me, I could make out that he's not very friendly, like a lot, what scares the shit out of me. I don't like rude people.

I make myself ready to go to the interview. I wear the clothes Liz bought and let me tell you they aren't comfortable at all.

When I checked if I took everything that I needed, I finally left the apartment and got in a cab.

☆☆☆

The building was big, like really big. The biggest one I've ever seen. I got chills all over my body just thinking about maybe working here. What's probably never going to happen but still, just the thought of it makes me afraid.

Liz actually asked me to search him up on google but I still didn't have the time for that. From what I've heard I think that he's an old, cranky man. That doesn't like people.

I step in the building and smell the scent of cleanness. It may sound really weird but from living in a farm to this I can assure you that this smells really clean, maybe too clean.

After I finally saw the reception table where a blond, tall woman sat behind, looking pissed. Today was surely not hers.

I walked up to her with a little smile, trying to light up the mood.

"What do you want?", she baffled rudely. She looked stressed out and on that moment when I looked around I saw everyone who worked here looking stressed, like they just saw a bear or something like that.

"I came for the interview."

The woman's face changed to a look full with compassion.

"The highest floor", she says this time a little friendlier.

I follow the direction she gave me and after 15 minutes I finally found it. I see several people sitting, looking worried and some were so in stress they forgot to put on all their clothes. They wore a mini skirt ande a top, that was too little.

Poor them.

They were sitting half naked, counting the minutes to go to the interview. I take place next to a tall girl around my age. She has a full blast face of make-up  and a dress that's a little bit too short. Her nails are longer than my future. She looked stunning, just like a real assistant.

"Hey, my name is Faye", I greet her friendly, trying to light up the mood.

She just gave me a not so really friendly look and puffed. She's probably worried about getting the job.

My thoughts get interrupted by a loud scream.

"You're so evil! Why did I even bother to come here.",  a girl cries out coming out of the door, running to the elevator.

"Well, that gives us more change, right?" I laugh awkwardly.

☆☆☆

After watching every girl coming in his office for about 2 minutes and instantly running away while crying. I couldn't do anything but know that I've no chance for this job.