Chapter 33

CHAPTER 33

Maeve's P.O.V.

I couldn't figure out why the hell Harry had said those vile things to me. My head was spinning and confusion seeped through my veins. This just didn't add up.

The love of my life told me that I was good for nothing to say the least. He made me feel like I was the scum of the Earth. Why did he say those things?

I walked out of the kitchen and headed for the front door so I could get a hold of Ed. I've been missing many crucial answers to the many questions swarming though my head and I believe Ed has those answers. I've been pushing off visiting him in the hospital for quite some time now solely because I was afraid.

I was afraid of what he'd say to me. I don't know why but I just couldn't bring myself to trudge over to the hospital and speak with him. But now I had no choice. I needed to.

Ed was the only person I could really talk to and feel comfortable around since Harry's disappearance. Ed was the light in my life during this dark time. He'd give me answers and maybe just maybe he would have an answer to Harry's actions.

***

"Maeve," Ed said warmly followed by a smile. "I'm so glad you could visit." He continued as a nurse removed a pair of rubber gloves from her hands and discarded them into a waste bin. Blood covered the gloves and I instantly felt queasy. I assumed my wide eyed stare at the rubber gloves the nurse had on made Ed tell that I was uncomfortable. "She just needed to check on my wound it's no big deal. Come sit." He said and I carefully sat down in the chair by his bedside thankful that he had changed the subject.

Seeing Ed again gave me a surge of life. The dark deep constant hurt I've been feeling seemed to ease up on me once he said my name.

"How have you been Maeve?" He said politely while he leaned up to pull a tray table full of food towards his bed.

"Harry called me," I said hesitantly. He was just about to put a forkful of hospital food into his mouth but he stopped at my words. "He called me a few minutes ago and he told me that I was only good at getting drunk and high." I paused and Ed raised an eyebrow. I didn't tell him about my drug filled past which probably confused him more than Harry calling me. Before I spoke more about Harry's call I gave him a quick update about my past. Unlike everyone else who I told about my past he didn't judge me for it.

"So you said Harry called you?" He said and I nodded.

"He called from his cell phone and it sounded like him but he didn't seem like himself." I bit down on my lip and thought of the call I had gotten. "Something isn't right."

Ed concurred and shifted in his bed slightly. "Can you get me that folder over there?" I grabbed it off the table and handed it to him. He flipped open the folder and pulled out a sheet of paper with a photo of Harry on it. Accept it wasn't Harry.

Ed let out a heavy sigh and said, "Do you know who this is?"

I looked long and hard at the picture and said flatly, "Harry?"

"No," he said softly. "This man is named Charles Styles and he's our prime suspect on Harry's abduction." I soon felt dizzy and the urge to throw up. What was happening?

"Charles is Harry's twin brother and we have reason to believe that he is involved in Harry's abduction. I'm so sorry Maeve that I had to hide this from you for so long. I was informed not to share with anyone, not even you." Ed sighed and folded his hands across his chest. "We had to do some investigating and we had to dig deep into Harry's past. Do you know why he originally auditioned for XFactor?" Why was he asking me about Harry's audition?