Chapter 15 - Truth?

Scarlette Thompson

"Hey.."

"Hey Scarlette, I'm at the lobby."

"Lobby?" My eyes widen

"Kevin.. I-"

"Let's have lunch together okay?"

"Lunch?" I turned to see the clock and yes it's 12.30 already.

"Yeah.. I'll be waiting at the lobby." He said.

"Okay.. just give me 5 minutes." I said and he ended the call. I got up from my seat and took my bag. I walked out from my office to the lift. I pressed the button.

"Where are you going?" I jumped a little and turned to see Matthew Lemiere.

"For lunch, sir."

"Have lunch with me then." He said.

"Sir.. I don't want to be rude but I already have-"

"Cancel it and have a lunch with me." He said and I was about to say something but.. and again.. he's my boss. I decided to call Kevin.

"Hello."

"I'm sorry Kevin, I can't." I said and sighed.

"Why?"

"I'm sorry.. Maybe next time.. I'm sorry." I said and the lift door opened. Matthew walked in first and I walked in. He pressed B for basement.

"Okay then.." I ended the call and turned my head to Matthew.

"Um.. Sir."

"What kind of food do you like?" He asked.

"I like everything." I said.

"Sir.. I think it's a little bit weird for us to.. eat lunch.. I don't want to be rude. I mea-"

"Why? Is it a crime?" He turned his head to me and raised his eyebrows.

"Huh? No.. I mean it's not a crime but-"

"Then it's fine." He said arrogantly and as soon as the door open he walked out. I walked out from the lift following him. He walked to his car and I stopped.

"Uhmm sir."

"What?" He asked. How can I ride this beautiful sport car and I'm his employee?

"I do-"

"Get in.. it's my order." He pointed and he got into the car. I walked to the car and got in. I put on the seatbelt right away and looked around.

"Sir.. I think this is inappropriate." I said in a really careful tone.

"Shut it.. say that again.. I'll.. I'll-" His phone rang and he took it out.

"What's wrong? I'm going there." He said and he drove out from the basement and speed up. I gulped nervously because he looked so serious. He drove to an unknown place and it's unfamiliar for me.

Suddenly there's a big place with lots and lots of gates. He stopped and tapped a black gold card. The big gate opened and there's another big gate. There's a lot of guards here and I gasped looking at this. We passed through 4 big iron steel gates.

Inside there's a big place and there's a lot other sport cars. My jaw fell because this is just spectacular. He parked right beside the black lambo.

"Come out and follow me." He said and I took off the seatbelt. I got out and followed him quickly. He walked inside.

"Where?" Matthew asked.. oh dang.. it's the beautiful Joan Cesborn.