BLUE

"Wow, I think I went to the milky way and back. Woman, where have you been all my life?" Gregory closed his eyes and took a deep breath as he tried to hold on to the moment of pure bliss.

Xenia moved to London with Sia, who attended a French school and was quite happy with her new life. Oasis, too, was off the party. The more, the merrier the expression had never been more accurate.

Being together was better than being apart, Gregory knew it, and Xenia was learning to appreciate it.

Gregory's mansion echoed with laughter.

There was also something very different about Xenia, who made bedtime the best moment of the day. Even drop-dead knackered, the businessman did not say no to the athletic marathon menu the woman programmed. As a result of the nocturnal foreplay, Gregory's face had a permanent smile even when he lost a million or two in stock options.

"God, I have to be up early. The meeting in Astoria is at 8 AM sharp."

The sentence triggered Xenia's souvenirs, which made her cringe under the covers before peaking her head out and asking, "Gregory, I have a question."

"I'm listening."

"Back then, that morning, when I arrived late at the meeting, did you, by any chance, pick me on purpose?"

A small silence filled the room.

"Oh, my Lord, your face is betraying you. You did it on purpose, you scallywag," Xenia said as she hit him with a pillow.

The man grinned and stopped Xenia by grasping her in a hug, "for my defense, I had a hunch you were special. I couldn't let the chance pass," he whispered in her ear.

"You're a smooth criminal."

At 6 AM, the man left for the airport.

For Xenia, the time for her morning pee was at hand; it was a solemn moment that almost became holy as she closed her eyes and prayed. Dear Lord, please, I beg you, send your angel. She looked down at the baton, "Okay, Blue, show me what you've got."

XY XX

At 7:45, Gregory was already in Wendon's office.

"You haven't changed," Wendon said as he watched Gregory take a seat at his desk.

"Neither have you, since last month," Gregory replied while watching Wendon comb his hair and proceeding to do his tie.

"Late night?" Gregory asked.

Wendon still had the life of a raver, though, in his mid-thirties. The man had no desire for stability outside of his work environment. He loved to party, and as for women, they were like a Tequilla shot that one gulped down all at once and passed to the next.

"One has to live it up, how about you? You look fresh for a quasi-family man."

Gregory smiled, "trust me; it's more tiresome than it looks."

"How's Xenia?"

"Good," Gregory replied as his mind recalled their night of passion. The man acknowledged that he needed no premium pass for a porn channel or stripper with Xenia as she incarnated all the fantasies Gregory ever desired.

"Wow, when I think you were on the brink of firing her three years ago," Wendon said, breaking Gregory back from his memories private peep show.

Gregory's grin broadened, "I know; it just shows how unpredictable life is."

They were ready for the meeting; unlike when they first arrived in Astoria, the announcement was positive. There were promotions and bonuses accorded the assembly was happy. Gregory was about to finish his speech when the doors swung open, reminding him of a specific day.

Wendon's PA rushed to the stage.

"What is it, Rosemary?" Asked the director.

"It's an urgent parcel from London for Mr. Ashton from Mrs. N'Diayé."

Every secretary or PA knew the protocol. Anything coming from Xenia was to be immediately transferred to Gregory, no matter what he was in the middle of doing.

The packet was small Gregory wondered why Xenia sent it to London when she could wait for his return. He opened from the stand where he unraveled a Clear Blue test like most men he knew what it was. Gregory slowly slipped the baton out of its box. It was there clearer than ever. Still, Gregory double-checked by flipping the box over to read the instructions under the whole assembly bewildered stares.

The man's lips broadened every second until he said, "Ladies and Gentleman, behold the future of Astoria," Gregory said, branding the pregnancy test stick like Excalibur.

"What is it?" someone next to Cassie asked.

Cassie gasped and covered her eyes with one hand, "dear Lord, it's a pregnancy test; she did it. What a b-witch. I knew she was one of the crappy ones."

Cassie finally admitted Xenia's checkmate.

Gregory left the stand and went to grasp Wendon's by his shoulders, "I'm having, we're having a baby. Oh, God, I'm going to be a father."

Wendon gave a nervous smile. The moment was one the nightcrawler did not understand, "Gregory, congratulations, but the meeting."

"I trust you finish; I have to go. I'm gone. Bye, Wendon."

Gregory took out his phone and dialed as he left the meeting room, "hello Dr. Edwards, it's Mr. Ashton. Can you visit my house a soon a possible," was all Wendon heard before Gregory's voice trailed off.

XY XX

Xenia was surprised to see the doctor arrive, but it meant Gregory got the parcel.

"Well, Madame, congratulations, please pass my compliments to Mr.Ashton."

"I will."

Two hours later, Gregory swamped in the room to only creep up to the bed where Xenia slept. Anxious to see his reaction, the woman forced herself to sleep instead of waiting and pacing.

Gregory sat, observed, and wondered when Xenia made her decision. The man accepted the fact Xenia didn't want another child, even if it was difficult for him. Xenia didn't show any signs of having changed her mind, or did she?

Suddenly their restless evenings made eruption in Gregory's conscious, sneaky woman, he thought, but the surprise was none the more exceptional.

"Xenia, Xenia."

"Gregory."

"Pourquoi tu ne me l'as pas dit?"

"I wanted to surprise you."

"Merci, merci mon amour, on va avoir un bébé," the man gave her pressing kisses all over the face.

The men's expression was unknown to Xenia. Gregory's tears were one heck of a sight for the woman. Xenia's heart exploded, knowing that this time she did something right.