Chapter 1

It's twelve-fifteen at night and the slightly hot early-November California breeze is blowing through the half opened windows and Sasha is cooped up in her bed, desperate for sleep because she's way passed her 10 pm bedtime routine. Good for her because it's Friday and she doesn't have any classes to worry about the next morning.

Lying in her comfy twin size bed, she already tried different things in attempt to fall asleep but she didn't succeed. After another fifteen minutes of tossing and turning, and she's done. She thought that if sleep wouldn't come to her then she'll have to do something else to pass the time until she eventually pass out.

She reached out to her bedside table and took her laptop, booted it up and clicked the icon that says 'Safari'. On the search bar, she immediately keyed in 'YouTube' which almost instantly brought her to the website. She scanned through many suggestions and decided to binge on the videos of Safiya Nygaard.

Four videos in and she noticed a little square ad right beside the video she's currently watching. It caught her attention because of the bright-colored font that says: "Are you bored out of your mind and looking for something to do to pass your time? Click here and get a chance to chat with people from all over the world who are on the same situation as you. It's 100% SAFE and FREE".

Without much thinking, she clicked on the little box and was immediately redirected to the website. She then proceeded to register by filling up the necessary information such as her username, gender, age, country, and city.

Upon finishing the registration process, a prompt which says 'Welcome, Latina2408! You can now start chatting with thousands of people from all over the world.' popped up and she actually had to smirk at the statement.

Sasha is not a newbie when it comes to chatting online, in fact this is the third online chatting website that she's been in for the past six months. She just wanted to explore and actually chat with random people in a totally harmless way though it's inevitable to come across some unpleasant people on the but she's smart enough to just ignore them and continue to look for somebody worth talking to.

A few moments later, a red envelope lit up which meant that someone wanted to chat with her. She clicked on the envelope and a message from BlueEyedStud greeted her:

BlueEyedStud: Hi how r u 2nite?

Latina2408: Hello there. I'm good, how are you?

BlueEyedStud: Feeling lonely here.

BlueEyedStud: Will u keep me company?

Latina2408: Sure, I think?

BlueEyedStud: Cool. So what r u wearing 2nite, hun?

Sasha had to snort at his reply. What a silly man, she thought.

Latina2408: My pyjamas. What are you wearing?

BlueEyedStud: Briefs. Nothing else. Can I ask u a favor?

She is now starting a fit of giggles. She's just trying to test how long will it take before this man start being raunchy.

Latina2408: What is it?

BlueEyedStud: Will u help me with my lil situation? It's kinda hard, hun.

Latina2408: What's your hard situation?

BlueEyedStud: My d***. I'm h**** as f***, hun.

BlueEyedStud: Will you help me with it?

Latina2408: Sorry, I gotta go.

BlueEyedStud: No, hun. Pls stay. I rly need this, pls.

Latina2408: Find someone else.

BlueEyedStud: Pls hun, u r 2 sexy. I knw u can make me c**.

Latina2408: What are you talking about? You haven't even seen me. Stop being such a perv.

BlueEyedStud: I knw that u r sexy baby pls. I need u 2 talk 2 me while I stroke my d***.

Latina2408:  No. I won't do it. Why would I do it, anyway? I don't even know you.

BlueEyedStud: U will do it because I'm hot and I'm sexy. I know u will luv it, hun.

Latina2408: No thanks. I'll pass. 

BlueEyedStud: No baby pls.

BlueEyedStud: Don't leave me pls.

BlueEyedStud: Stay 4 a while please...

Latina2408: Bye. 

She immediately hit the 'block' button and refreshed her browser. By this time she is now laughing so hard, her eyes started to water. She couldn't believe how fast that guy was with his sexual ploy.

She was having fun and wanted to chat some more. A few minutes later the red envelope showed up which alerted her that there's a new message and clicked it.

MrNYC: How are you? What are you up to? May I ask how old you are?

Latina2408: Hello. 22 here. What about you? I'm good, thanks for asking. I couldn't sleep, actually.

MrNYC: I'm 32. Same here, couldn't sleep.

Latina2408: I gather you're from New York.

MrNYC: Yes I am. Born and raised. What about you? Where are you from?

Latina2408: Born and raised in Cali but mom and dad are originally from the Philippines.

MrNYC: That's really cool. I've been there once with my family for vacation. Really nice country.

Latina2408: Yes, it is. How many are you in the family if you don't mind my asking?

MrNYC: We are five in the family. Me, my wife, three-year old twin boys, and seven month old baby girl.

Sasha was surprised about what she just read. "Dude, this guy's married! I can't chat with a married guy! It's beyond inappropriate", she thought to herself.

Latina2408: I can't keep talking to you because you are married. It was a nice chat, though.

MrNYC: Okay, suit yourself. It was nice talking to you too.

She again hit 'block' and clicked the 'x' button on the upper left  hand side of the screen and closed the lid of her laptop. After she let out a long yawn, she placed her laptop back on her bedside table and that's when she saw the time which read 3:15 AM.

For the first time since she got into bed at ten o'clock, she felt tired and laid on her bed and she again let out a big yawn. She closed her eyes and her last thought before sleep consumed her was "Maybe online chatting is not for me..."