Hunter's POV - The phone call

It's short and sweet, I'm afraid! I'm not great at a guy's POV so I hope it's okay! If there's any other POVs that you would like, don't be afraid to put it in a comment box!:) This is from chapter 25 when Andy calls Hunter during her run in with his father.

HUNTER POV

                Punch. You’re. Punch. An. Punch. Idiot! I groaned to myself, pushing away from the punching bag. She came for a simple self defence lesson and then emotions got involved. They’re always getting in the way. My dad also wasn’t helping the situation. What was he thinking? Sending Shack after all of us, Shack was an asshole and not the best man that he had. He was probably scared that I’d go and try to kill his best man so sent the crappy one after us.

                As far as Andy was concerned, I didn’t want a girlfriend. Scratch that, I wanted her; I just didn’t want all the emotion and caring crap that came with it. I wanted a bit of fun and she was providing that for me. Given the chance, I probably would date the chick but with everything that was going on, I just couldn’t be doing with it.

                I wiped my face with my towel, sighing as my deep breaths started to shallow out. Working out was one of my favourite past times, mainly because it allowed me to punch something. It’s a great stress reliever. Just as I was about to go back to jogging, my phone started to buzz from the other side of the room.

                Grunting, I jogged over and saw that it was Andy on the caller ID. That was kind of strange, she struck me as the stubborn type that would ignore me after something like that, not a creeper that would call straight after to kiss and make up. Eurgh.

                “What?” The other end of the line was silent, just rustling. “Andy? You can’t just call me and ignore me.” Again, nothing. She wasn’t speaking but I could hear something happening in the background, voices, they were quiet, but they were there. Nobody that I recognised though.

                “Princess?” I tried again, frowning when I heard the roar of an engine. Just as I was about to hang up, I heard a voice that sent a chill even down my spine. My dad. She was with my dad.

                I didn’t say anything but I had to give that girl her due, she was intelligent. I could hear everything that he was saying, about the necklace, the gun and the dagger. I didn’t even want to think about what was going to happen if those things got back to him. I was a dead man walking as it was, if he got hold of the gun, I’d be a dead man six feet under.

                Everything went silent, I put my hand over the receiver so that I couldn’t be heard through the other end of the phone. Then something broke the silence, something that set my blood on fire. Andy’s cry of pain made me flinch so I started to pace to prevent me punching something.

                The only thing that I could do was wait. My father couldn’t be heard anymore and then I heard the engine again, it sounded like it was driving off and the only thing that I could do was to pray to god that she wasn’t out of the car.

                “Hunter?” Her voice was so shaken that I nearly crushed the phone. I grabbed my bag without bothering to change, stalking outside of the gym with the phone pressed tightly to my ear.

                “Where are you?” After she told me where she was, I couldn’t have gotten there quick enough. When I noticed her sitting on the wall, Andy wasn’t there. The girl had no spirit and she looked petrified. The only thing that I could do was hug her and apologise. So that’s what I did. Her small body moulded against mine when she pressed her head into my chest. I gently soothed her, running my hand up and down her back.     

                “What did he do?”  I asked softly, moving her hair out of her face. She held up her wrist and I narrowed my eyes. He had slit her, it was fairly deep but nothing that a little pressure and a bandage couldn’t fix.

                “C’mon, Princess,” I muttered, slinging my arm over her trembling shoulders and leading her back to my car.

                The drive home was unbelievably silent. It wasn’t a comfortable silence either; it hung around us, only broken by Andy’s deep breathing. She walked up the stairs quietly, hugging her wrist and saying nothing.

                “Let’s get this fixed,” I replied, taking out my first aid kit and setting her down on the sofa.

                “What if he does it again?” she asked, looking up at me with sad eyes. I couldn’t bear that expression, it was killing me. I knelt down with the first aid kit, avoiding her question. I didn’t want to lie to her but I didn’t fancy upsetting her either, she looked to...scared.

                “This may sting,” I warned, taking out my antiseptic wipes. She didn’t flinch when I cleaned the cut and bandaged it. Brave girl.

                “I don’t want part of this, Hunter. I want to help you because I care about you but he threatened my mother. Family comes first,” she said, looking me dead in the eye. If I was her, I’d run away and not look back, this was some scary shit for an innocent girl to be dealing with.

                “I know,” I sighed out, wrapping my arms around her. She wasn’t shaking as much anymore and she was taking deeper breaths, at least she was calming down.

                “At least now I know that your good looks must’ve come from your mum,” she said into my shirt and I couldn’t help but let out a bark of laughter.

                “You checked out my dad?” She scoffed.

                “He wasn’t worth the check out; he looks like the mafia boss from the godfather, minus the cat.”

                “You watch way too much T.V,” I muttered, resting my forehead against hers. She grinned, closing her eyes and opening them a few seconds after. I hadn’t noticed the bright green flecks in with the brown until she looked at me then, staring at me as if expecting me to help her.

                “Tell me about it,” she replied, leaning forward and pressing a light kiss against my lips.

                “I have to dance tomorrow!” she whined, taking her head away from mine.

                “You’re not going any type of dancing,” I said sternly. She stuck her tongue out, shaking her head and then moving her hips aimlessly.

                “Is the Macarena okay?” she asked, starting to do the moves with one arm. I chuckled, leaning back to watch the show. “Anyway, Kyle is going to kill me and I’m going to be bored!”

                “Kyle will understand and am I really that dull?” I asked, cocking my head to the side, watching her ass moved whilst she danced. She turned back around to face me with a frown.

                “You’re going out, remember?” she hinted, patting her foot. Damn, I’d forgotten about that.

                “I’m not now,” I replied with a smile.