xxxv. ━━ graveyard of memories

· 。゚☆: *.
RUINS
»»————- act two. fan the flames
THIRTY FIVE ━━ graveyard of memories

 fan the flamesTHIRTY FIVE ━━ graveyard of memories

I bear it so they don't have to

clarke griffin

     RUINS. THERE WERE ONLY RUINS LEFTS WHERE Erin stepped on the rubble of district twelve. Her eyes focused on The Girl On Fire walking in front of her with Cressida. The Capitol had left district thirteen in ruins before and now district twelve was nothing more than a graveyard of memories. Another place crossed of the list and blasted into oblivion by President Snow. How she hated the mere thought of the man with his cruel smile and sinister eyes. It wasn't even her district that was shook to its core, but she felt the grief nontheless. She felt it coming from Katniss in waves as she observed her fallen home district. Erin wondered if anything Cressida told the Mockingjay was anything but white noise to the raven haired victor.

     She herself could barely focus on anything but the loud buzzing in her ears as she looked at the remains of twelve. The brunette felt like she was underwater and nothing reached her ears quite well. Her hazel eyes flickered back towards Katniss as they trudged through the debris.

     Sweet Katniss Everdeen, Caesar had called her. If only they knew that, that girl never existed. Katniss Everdeen was not an ordinary girl, she was a raging wildfire well before she was anything else, before the games drained her. They only poored more gasoline in the flames. Burning district twelve to the ground was a mistake. A very big mistake on their end.

     "So I want with you in front of one of the justice buildings." Cressida started as she walked side by side Katniss, her blonde hair waving wildly in the harsh wind. "Bang, first shot." She focused on the camera man while Erin walked in between Alex and Gale.

     The brunette watched sith sad eyes as Katniss walked unsure towards what was left of the justice building like Cressida asked her to do. At that moment Erin watched not the Mockingjay, a fierce warrior fighting against the Capitol but a girl who just lost the last piece of herself.

     The Girl On Fire and the girl from district four were the same in that sense in a way. Both lost their homes in different ways. Katniss lost her place of home while Erin lost her feeling of home long ago when her parents passed away. But it reassured her too, because she faced the storm and she came out much stronger. She found her home again, with Finnick. And maybe it was not perfect, a little broken perhaps but it was home nontheless and that's why she knew that one day, Katniss would be okay too.