Chapter 7

LUKE FOLLOWED ME ON TWITTER GUYS LIKE WHAT EVEN

The rest of the day passed with me and Luke hardly saying anything to each other so we didn't make anything seem suspicious. I felt bad but what people didn't know about wouldn't hurt, right?

I jumped into my small car and once again Luke hopped in next to me out of nowhere. I was glad because it meant we could hang out again and probably discuss this situation properly.

"I'm starting to think you don't actually like me, just the fact I can give you a lift home, Lucas." I raised my eyebrows with a slight smile on my face. Luke looked at me with a smirk.

"Oops, you figured me out, how awkward. Now drive." He laughed and tucked my hair behind my ear. Harry did the same gesture just this morning but Luke's actions seemed to make me feel a million times better. I started to blush uncontrollably and Luke started to laugh softly.

"Aww, Lex did I make you blush?" He said in a cute voice which made my stomach flutter and a smile creep up on my face.

"Don't flatter yourself, Hemmings" I laughed back and turned on the ignition. "So do you want to go to my house today? My mum works till really late and I can give you a lift home."

"Sure." He looked ahead and I began to drive.

The short journey was filled with small talk, which I was glad about considering I didn't want to be caught up in a deep conversation whilst concentrating on the road. We pulled up to my house and climbed out of the car. I started walking up towards the house and I felt Luke's presence closely behind me.

"Sorry I don't have anything interesting to show you." I laughed slightly and unlocked the door stepping into the house. Luke grabbed my hand and closed the door behind us.

"Are you sure about that?" He bit his lip and played with his piercing. I detached my hand from his.

"Don't get all pervy again or I'll kick you out and you can walk home" I laughed at him once again and pushed him back slightly. He laughed along with me and we started to walk up the stairs into my small room. I caught Luke staring at his surroundings.

"Really. Yellow walls." Luke said raising his eyebrows and smiling.

"Luke I've only just moved here, it wasn't my decision." I laughed and launched myself on the bed. Luke sat right next to me and I took in a deep breath.

"Do..you have twitter?" I said not knowing what else to say.

"Yeah, course I do." We both got our phones out of our pockets and followed each other and I watched his 'follows you' sign move. {see why I did that ;)} I looked at his user which said 'Luke5SOS' and I had no idea what '5SOS' was.

"Why does it say 5SOS?" I asked him as it interested me. I wanted to know the little things about him.

"Oh it's the shortened version of my band's name, 5 Seconds of Summer." He looked at his hands on his lap seeming awkward.

"Your in a band?! Who with?" I was really intrigued and probably sounded it. Luke looked up at me even though I was still looking down at my phone going through his profile.

"Uh, Ash, he's the only member of my band who's moved out here at the moment. Michael and Calum are still in Australia but they're moving here after Christmas." He seemed embarrassed to be talking about it but I had no idea why, it was an awesome thing.

"That's so cool, Luke but uh...are you ok? You went a bit quiet after I mentioned it." I felt bad, I didn't know what I did wrong but I knew I wanted to cheer him up. He looked up at me and smiled.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine...so why did you move schools anyway?" I could tell he wanted to change the subject but I didn't want to question him about it now. I'm guessing that's why he was hesitant about letting me hear him play his guitar as well. But pushing my thoughts aside I decided to make proper conversation.

"Uh...well I move a lot of schools.." I felt a lump form in my throat but I had to let someone know and I knew I could trust Luke even though I had known him a short amount of time. "Basically I get bullied wherever I go so I always end up moving. Simple as."

"Lex are you serious?" Luke looked at me with sympathetic eyes.

"Yeah. It's not a big deal." I pulled down my sleeves attempting to act casual so Luke wouldn't catch on that I was trying to hide my wrists as much as possible, but it didn't work. He grabbed my wrist instantly and pulled up my sleeve with tears brimming his eyes. He pulled me into a hug and I instantly wrapped my arms around his broad shoulders. It felt like I'd known Luke forever.

"Lex, I'm so sorry. As long as your here I'll make sure you'll never have to do this again." He breaks the hug and looks down at my wrists again. I gave him a small smile.

"Thanks, but I don't want anyone feeling sorry for me, I'm not worth it." I said genuinely. I was nothing special and I didn't want Luke feeling bad.

"Okay you can shut up. Don't you dare say your not worth it, I may of only met you but I care about you a lot, Lex. I don't know why but I just do..we have that connection." He looked into my eyes and I couldn't find myself to look away as his blue eyes were too captivating. Before I could control myself I started to tear up. I didn't know what it was about Luke but he made my emotions change more than anyone ever could.

"Come here." He motioned me into a hug again. I happily accepted his actions and moulded into his arms perfectly. He softly kissed my forehead before resting his chin in my hair, whilst my face was side on resting in his chest. We stayed like this for a few minutes before Luke spoke up.

"Lex?" His voice was weak and he spoke in almost a whisper. I sniffed and wiped my eyes before responding.

"Yeah?" I said almost as quiet and looked up at his unreadable expression.

"Since I asked you a question, and you replied with something personal..I'm gunna tell you something..."