шестнадцать.

Thank you for loving me when I still smelt of war and running and running

The black-clad members of the STRIKE team, as they are now the ones to "take care" of her, escort Svetlana down the halls of headquarters. She barely holds in her aggravated sigh when it is Brock Rumlow that drops a hard hand onto her shoulder and forces her onward. Of all people! Of all places! He works for S.H.I.E.L.D. as well? He's betrayed the Superior? Honestly, that's surprising. The group of three teammates and one assassin near the elevator that's doors are slowly sliding closed before Rumlow slides his hand in, making the doors peel back open. The back of the man, the one from the rooftop, is standing in the elevator with his shield-covered back facing them.

"Keep all STRIKE personnel on site," Rumlow is saying as he guides the thirteen year old and his other two teammates inside.

Rumlow gives the blonde man a strange, lingering look that does not go unnoticed by Svetlana. She then quickly reminds herself that she doesn't care. None of what goes on here matters to her. At all. She just wants to return to the Front, be reunited with her soldier, and just go back to the horrible routine that she knows.

The men around her continue to communicate for a few more moments as Rumlow says to the blonde man, "Cap."

"Rumlow," Steve quietly acknowledges, turning around and looking down at the girl with slightly furrowed brows, "Prisoner transfer?"

"Yeah, Pierce's orders. Just got out of interrogation."

Steve's eyes flick down to the girl's handcuffs hands and he clenches his jaw at the sight of her bruised hands. She's a kid. No matter what she's done or who she's doing it for, no one deserves to be tortured for information or, frankly, for any reason. Svetlana's eyes stay downturned and her feet shifts uncomfortably away from Rumlow, fighting a scowl from breaking through her rocky exterior.

"Evidence Response found some fibers on the roof they want us to see," Rumlow nods a little, "You want me to get the tac team ready?"

"No," Steve replies, looking down at the elevator floor, "let's wait and see what it is first."

"Right," Rumlow responds breathily.

Both Steve and Svetlana look strangely at one of the members of the team as he keeps his hand on his weapon. It's not as if Svetlana is going to try anything. After all, she hasn't yet. They all know she likely won't when there are four much larger men to overpower her, especially considering how she would then have to fight her way out of the building. So... why are all of the men trying so hard to act like they aren't acting? It doesn't make sense. Rumlow pulls Svetlana's shoulder back as the doors pull open and more men step inside. Steve's chin tilts up ever so slightly and Svetlana squints up at Rumlow as he glances over his shoulder at the man. As more men pile on, Steve carefully moves through them until he's right behind Rumlow and Svetlana. Caution is written on his face, just as it is written onto hers.