15

I stopped in the doorway when Lucky started growling.

Clint tapped his nose and he went quiet.

I slowly padded over to my food bowl and munched on the kibble Bucky must've poured earlier. I ate about half of it before I laid down on the floor, by the sink.

"Tack," I heard someone call.

I lifted my head and looked towards the table.

There was a low whistle and my ears perked, the noise was coming from Pietro.

I got up and trotted over to him and sat at his left side, like I was trained to.

He rubbed my ear and Wanda pet my neck, she was also sitting on his left.
.
.
.
We waited for almost half an hour before Steve appeared in the doorway with Bucky lingering behind him.

Pietro and Wanda were still petting me, but my focus was on Bucky. He looked like he had back at the shelter when he chose me.

All progress we'd made since I got here seemed to have completely vanished.

I whimpered for a second, gaining attention before I darted over to Bucky. "Don't be sad Bucky," I whined at him.

He crouched down and I licked his face, continuing to whine. He tried to hide a smile, but I noticed and started to wag my tail.

Lucky growled at me again, I hear Clint tell him to knock it off quietly.

I twitched my ear in their direction before Bucky stood up.

I jumped up and onto his chest, he caught me.