Chapter 1- The News (Rewritten)

(This book will be going under construction very soon. Read at your own risk. This story is filled with plot holes, grammatical errors and terrible dialog. As the story is edited, I will add edited to the chapter title if you'd like to read it then.)

Chapter 1- The News 

"Dinner's ready honey," Mom said, knocking on my door as she usually did when when it was time to eat. 

"Okay." As usual, she didn't linger, having to get back to the kitchen to set the table. I had at least five minutes before she came looking for me again. 

Quickly I ran to the door and cracked it just enough to make sure she was really gone and walked across the hall to the bathroom, clutching the slender white , plastic stick between my hands. 

I felt nauseous even as I walked. I wanted to believe it was just my nerves, but I'd been feel sick for days now.  

I closed the bathroom door and went to the toilet. 

Three minutes might not have seemed like a long to some people, but for me, it was the longest of my life. I looked at my phone for the third time already, only one minute had passed. Maybe when your fate hangs in the balance, time slows down to a crawl.

I sat there hoping and praying to God that what I already suspected wasn't true. How could I have been so stupid. How could I have let this happen? I was smarter than this. Though, I guess given the circumstances, what happened wasn't anyone's fault. 

A condom broke. No one could have foreseen that. 

Like I always did when I thought about the possibility of a fetus growing inside me, I thought back to the night that started everything. 

I had a the biggest crush on Jake Anderson. He was hot, funny and nice, when he wanted to be. But I guess you had to be funny when you were as popular as he was. Always in the student body eye. 

Jake and his girlfriend had just broken up, and he was finally single. He was having an end of school year party, and A\a lot of girls flocked around him vying for his attention. He didn't seem all that interested to my surprise. I wanted so badly to talk to him, to have the courage that all the other girls did, but that just wasn't who I was. I was the shy, quiet girl, who waited for opportunities to come to her. I was never one to go seize the moment. So I never approached him. I had planned on leaving that night without speaking a word to him.

Then, the strangest thing happened. I was tired and I was getting ready to leave the party with Emma and Katy. We were spending the night at her house and she lived just three house down from Jake and we were ready to walk home. I decided to find the bathroom before I left since I felt like my bladder might bust and when I came out of the bathroom, there he was, standing there, leaning against the wall, staring at the picture covered wall on the other side of him. 

It took me a minute to reel in from the shock, but once I did, I smiled at him. Or I smiled at the wall beside his head because it was hard to look directly at him. I was afraid he could see the school girl crush on my face. 

"Oh," he said a little surprised. "I didn't know anyone was up here."

I looked back at the empty bathroom and the quiet second story and blushed. I guess I wasn't supposed to be up there. No wonder there wasn't a line for the bathroom. No one was supposed to be up there. 

"I'm sorry," I said quickly. "I didn't realize-" I trailed off. He was looking at me. "You see, the bathroom downstairs was full so-"

"Do worry about it," he said and sighed at the wall.