Chapter 8

The school year went by really fast for Sebastian and I. We were still dating and had even come out to all of our parents. Like I thought, my mom already knew. My dad surprisingly knew too despite my mother never saying anything to him about it. Sebastian's parents were more shocked than my parents were. At first they didn't believe he was really gay. They thought it was just a phase. But after I came over there house for Easter, they saw how close we were and realized that it wasn't a phase after all. Eventually they warmed up to the idea of their son being gay and dating a guy. Soon enough it was like I was a part of the family.

Back home, my parents still argued, but it wasn't nearly as often as before. Me coming out to them and telling them I was dating my best friend changed something. I'm not sure what, but somehow they stopped arguing as much.

Summer was a blast. We never did sign up for the soccer team. Instead, Sebastian and I went to a camp for the first part of summer. We did all sorts of cool things like hike, stay in cabins, and play with other campers. Most of the kids there were our age, so we made a lot of friends during our stay there. The camp itself was pretty cool too. It sat right next to a lake and was surrounded by forest. Several times we went swimming in the lake or trekking through the forest looking for different types of insects and plants. Once we even got to go canoeing. That was really exciting if albeit a little scary.

After we got back to camp, my parents decided to take me on a vacation to California. They said I could invite Sebastian too if I wanted. He would just have to ask his parents. So of course I told Sebastian, and after his parents talked to my parents, it was settled that he could come along. Since California wasn't that far from Arizona, we decided to drive there in a minivan that my dad rented.

On the way there, me and Sebastian mostly played games together on our 3DS's and ate junk food. My parents played music in the car and occasionally we would stop to refuel, use the bathroom, or eat. I've never had so much fun on a vacation before. Having Sebastian here with me made it easily ten times better. The drive took us around eight hours including all the stops we made. We ended up staying at a hotel in Anaheim, California. The hotel was a nice four star resort. I knew my family wasn't rich or anything, but my gosh did my parents choose a nice hotel. We got a room that had two queen size beds, a hot tub, a bar, two televisions, and one of those showers that sprays you from all sides. We even had a nice view overlooking the city.

That night we decided just to rest after all the driving. It was Monday and we would be staying until Friday, so we had plenty of time to go places later. That night, while my parents went to sleep, me and Sebastian stayed up for a little while watching movies on tv. We had already slept in the car earlier, so we weren't all that tired. But even so, we both eventually decided to go to sleep as well.

In the morning, we all went out to eat breakfast at a restaurant. I had cheesy eggs with waffles and Sebastian had french toast with scrambled eggs. After we were done eating, we all went down to Disneyland. Neither me or Sebastian had been there before. We were so excited and made it our mission to go on as many rides as we could. We went on Space Mountain first, then we went on this submarine ride that took us underwater. We had to have rode on a dozen rides. By the time we were done, we all went to this small place in California Adventure that was selling a bunch of food. They had pretzels and cotton candy and a bunch of other junk food. I don't think I've ever seen so much junk food in one place before.

I ended up getting a couple of churros while Sebastian got some cotton candy. We shared of course like we always do. My parents seemed mostly content with just following us and talking with each other. I'd almost say it seemed like this vacation was a good thing for the both of them. For once they weren't arguing at all.

Eventually it got really late and the park employees started to set off the fireworks. My family, Sebastian, and I all decided to go to the top of the parking garage so we could get a better view of them. The colors were so pretty and the shapes the explosions made were wonderful.

Sharing this moment with Sebastian was so amazing. He was standing right next to me as we were holding hands. When my parents weren't looking, I quickly gave him a quick kiss. He blushed.

"Hey what was that for?" he had a small grin on his face.

"Oh nothing, I was just thinking how beautiful you look right now." This caused him to blush even more and punch me on the arm playfully.

I just brought him closer to me and hugged him with my right arm. He leaned his head on my shoulder as we continued to watch the fireworks.

After the fireworks ended, we all went back to the hotel. We were all really tired, so we opted just to order room service. I ordered a cheeseburger and so did Sebastian. We we're starving by the time they came and ate them so fast that my mom scolded us, saying that if we ate that fast we might choke. Me and Sebastian just laughed with our mouths full.

Afterwards we all got ready for bed. Me and Sebastian cuddled together in our bed as we watched YouTube videos. Recently we had been watching a lot more of Markiplier. We both realized that we loved horror and would watch him play horror games whenever we got the chance. We had those dual headphone jacks so we could both listen. We didn't want to wake up my parents while they were sleeping.

Eventually my mom woke up and caught us still up watching videos. She made us go to sleep after taking my laptop away and setting it next to her nightstand so I couldn't sneak back on it with Sebastian. We didn't mind too much. It was just my mom making sure we got enough sleep. So I talked with Sebastian for awhile until we both fell asleep.