01 : heavy blues

C H A P T E R《 ❶ 》
the demons you can't just swallow

HE WAS DRUNK ON A FEELING, bloody and hungover over a dumpster. Last night's mistakes still haunt him with a second degree burn and a lethal headache — for it forms into red splotches trailing down from his thigh to his knee with blood vessels colliding and twisting his brain as muscles aches, stinging parts where tender skin was blistered, blending in with the mere echoes of loneliness crashing against concrete floor.

Orihara Izaya remembered the rich malignant cigar smokes in long wisps of ashes and burning toxins curved at his lips as the man twists the ends onto his bare skin. He remembered the taste of bitterness and the Olympian flames craved deeply in his broken body as if he was indestructible.

But it was a genocide of smouldering passions and raging hatred, ready to plummet the still prideful world into nothing more than madness as his thoughts crumbled, crumbled, and crumbled.

▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ❰ ! ❱ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰

In the morning, he saw more phantoms with eyes like the void, always haunting the darkest streets as an orchestra of bullets — shrouded by a composition of ugly metal buildings, half-rusted when droplets of water kissed the uneven structures of the facade and evaporated from the sun. For the raven wore black coats and silver rings from spoiled blood to straying fights with monsters.

But slowly, slowly he inhaled — and fuck, it hurts, fucking tasted like death and detritus of crimson red. He hated it. He hated everything. Every single second, every painful breathes, every wasted fantasy lingered across his mind — of the darkness that was palpable in front of everyone around him.

His muscles aching as his legs pathetically trembled and stumbled against the chalked cement, grasping his hands across the wall. He was all bites, lips curving up to milk-rotten teeth as they started clenching and grinding the bitter coffee stains — as red slowly turned into serenades of blue and violet.

▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ❰ ! ❱ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰

This storyline right here is basically an incomplete collection of loosely, undefined snippets that makes no sense — but everyone loves seeing Izaya in pain??