Chapter One ---Ali---

Chapter One

---Ali---

It was late and dark out. My boyfriend of three years and I were out sitting by the lake on the grounds. The only light we had was the distant entrance lights coming from the castle.

 "You're so beautiful, Ali," Niall said to me. He couldn't see my face, and in my opinion, I looked like crap. It'd been a long, tiring day for me. I had to wake up early this morning for school and then right after I had to go to work at my job in Diagon Alley. It was a constant rush.

 "You must really love me, Niall Horan," I laughed quietly, cupping his cheek in my hand. I looked up at his face, that I could barely make out. "You can't even see my face and you know what kind of day I've had, yet you're complimenting my looks."

 I could barely see the grin playing at the edges of Niall's lips. He put his hand on top of mine on his cheek and took my other hand in his. "I'm not just complimenting your looks, love. I'm complimenting you on your beautiful personality as well. Since that first day on the train when I laid my eyes on you, I knew I had to get you. I was secretly disappointed when you were sorted into Slytherin after I was sorted into Hufflepuff, even though I knew it would happen. After that, I thought I didn't have a chance. Now, I know, I was stupid. People who are meant to be together always find a way to make it work. Ali, I was meant to be with you; Forever." He stood up, pulling me gently to my feet as well. Taking both of my hands, he knelt down on knee.

 A small gasp escaped my lips. I didn't really know what to think. This was a moment of impact so strong, that my life would change forever, depending on my answer. A dazzling smile came across my lips and I looked down at him. He slipped his hand in his pocket and pulled out a small velvet box.

 "I want to spend the rest of my life with you. You're the only one I want. You make me happy when I'm sad, and happier when I'm already happy. I want you to be there during my proudest moments. With my band's tour coming up, there'll be a lot of those. I want everyone to know how much you mean to me. I want everyone to know that you stole my heart." He opened the small box and there was a beautiful diamond engagement ring. "Alison Rose Malfoy, will you do me the great honor of being my Mrs. Horan and marrying me?"

 Surprisingly, I didn't hesitate. I leaned down and hugged him tightly. My cheeks were wet with tears of joy. "Yes! Yes, I will. I love you so much, Niall!" I cried.

 He hugged me back tightly and picked me up. He spun me around, just like how they did in the movies. He gave me a kiss so passionate and so sweet.

 At that moment, we were invincible. Nothing could break us. I felt like we were on top of the world. The thought of marrying this amazing man made me smile wider than I ever have before.

 Niall pulled me down into his lap after he sat down. He nuzzled his face against my neck, kissing it lightly. His arms moved to my side and he began to tickle me.

 I began squirming and giggling. "Niaaaaall, stop!" I exclaimed in a fit of giggles. I hopped up from his lap an tool off running.

 He ran after me, shouting, "I'm gonna get you, babe!" He wore one of those mischievous grins that I loved so much. I looked back at him as I ran, not paying any attention to where I was going. I don't think either of us were really paying any attention.

 "Gotta catch me first!" I smirked back at Niall. He stopped suddenly, a very worried expression coming across his face. The next thing I knew I felt a huge, excruciating hit in the stomach. Then I felt a few more to my head and arms. I was flung backwards about 10 feet and landed on the ground in a heap.

That's when I was surrounded by darkness.