Secrets In The Dark

Have you ever heard of the Briton barding school? I wouldn't be surprised if you haven't, not many have and the ones that have don't talk about it. No one believed the horrors that took place in Briton. It has been closed for sixty years now, and still there are people who are afraid to talk of it. When the doors were finally shut the remaining students rejoiced.

Briton was a place of torture, lies, misery, and deceit. And for hundred of years no one believed the children stories. Everyone felt that the students were vicious liars; who only wanted to tarnish the reputation of the school. Those who spoke out against the school were severely punished and there were those who were never heard from again. This is not just another campfire tale. This is their story.

Chapter 1

"It's after me," the girl yelled. It was like a nightmare come true. All the students knew the stories, but Samaria wasn't a believer; that is, until now.

It started off like any other night. Samaria woke from her continuous nightmare. She left her dorm room for the bathroom like she did every night; but tonight Samaria felt like something was off, but couldn't figure out what. She made her way through the gloom-ridden corridors of Briton. When she caught a glimpse of something out of the side of her eye. She turned her head to find nothing, she continued her way to the bathroom.

Noise. A loud screech from behind; quickly she whirled around. What she saw behind her was enough to chills up and down her spine. The creature that stood behind her seemed to be hovering above the ground. It screamed again, an eerie sound to stop anyone in his or her tracks. In the back of her mind she knew she should run, but she couldn't seem to get her legs to move. The creature lunged toward her with its claws bared. It seemed that that was enough to snap Samaria out of her paralysis.

Samaria ran as fast as her feet would carry her. She wanted to scream, but couldn't help but whimper. If she could just make it to the bathroom, maybe she would be safe. Just as she finished that thought the stone floor began to crumble and fall away beneath her. Frantically Samaria ran and tried to stay ahead of the crumbling floor.

At last rays of hope shown as brightly as any light. The bathroom was only a few feet away. As she moved faster the ground gave way from under her, she knew that she should be falling to her death. For some reason she wasn't; someone was holding her hand. Afraid to look up, afraid it might be that creature. Reluctantly she gathered up all of her courage and moved with the urging of her rescuer. To her surprise it was one of the teachers. He pulled her up through the hole. Where was the monster? Samaria looked all around her; but there was no one but her teacher and her.

"We have to move," he said. "It wont be long before it comes back." Just as he said that, the thing was back and angrier then ever.

"Run," he said. They ran as fast as they could. They made it to the bathroom; finally they were safe or so they thought. The closed door did not hinder the monster. It smashed the door apart.

"Get in the bath tub," the teacher yelled. Samaria did not see the point in this, but she was not going to argue about it. "Close your eyes. No matter what you..." Samaria never knew what was he was going to say; because just then the bath tub gave out from under her and she began to fall. She could feel her heart giving out from the strain of the fall and her yelling. Why wasn't anyone coming? Couldn't they hear her? With that last thought the tub and her body hit the ground with a sickening crack.

"Oh god," she thought." It was true; everything they warned me against was true. So this was how it would all end. It was like my nightmares were just warnings. Then there was silence and Samaria's world was sucked into the darkness.

Chapter 2

Was it just a dream? How did I get here? The last thing I remember is going to the headmaster's office. Then that "dream", if I don't get up now I'm going to be late. Why can't I move? Oh god what is wrong with me. Kayla looked around the small room that was quickly become her prison. It was a dark square room, the only light coming from a tiny window near the ceiling. Kayla tried again to move her body in a sitting position, but couldn't. There were footsteps out side her door. She could hear at least two people speaking in quiet voices.