The Blood Soaked Room

Prologue

There was blood on the walls, the floor, and the bed. Whose blood was it? I had no idea. What could have happened here? I wondered. Something evil, I was sure of nothing but of that. A vile stench rose from the body that lay in the middle of the bed. I had been sent here to retrieve a child, a boy with extraordinary gifts for someone his age. But it was not his body that I saw. Where was he? He could not have done this, not to his own mother.

Chapter 1

Several years have past since they killed my mother. Those ancients, those vile, evil, destructive ancients; everyone thought they were so important, that they could do know wrong. But they did do wrong. They killed my mother for nothing. All she did was try to protect me from them. She knew there was evil in those ancients. She knew they come to kill me, all because I was what the considered a half-breed. Half ancient, half-fate, like I asked to be any of those things, that father of mine lied to my mother about his origins, he never told her he was an ancient. My mother never even knew; that is until I was born. That man claiming to be my father abandoned my mother and I that very day. He said that he could not associate himself with an abomination such as myself. But it wasn't like he was the only dishonest one; my mother never told me I was part fate. I never even knew till that day I saw the death of my mother. When I told her about it she lied and said that I was imagining things that she would always be with me. But days later she was dead and I was alone. I ran from the carnage that was in that house, the destruction that was mine and those ancients doing.

The king's army, along with those ancients searched for me for years. Even now they continue to look for me. But I was and still am too clever for them. Here I am in a village populated by ancients and no one can even tell that I am the one they look for. I have come to this village for one reason, not to gloat in the faces of those disgusting creatures; no though that might be fun. I am here to exact my revenge against the very person who have made me the way I am. I sit in the huge tree outside of my victim's house. He can't even sense me there as I watch him through a window. Him and his family, sitting there like everything is right in the world. But nothing is right, not until I make it right and to do that it all starts here. With this man, he will be the first, but more will come after him. Soon the world will be right again.

"Hey, you there? What are you doing up there?" I looked down from my spot and noticed an old raggedy man staring at me. Maybe there are some worthy opponents in this place. "Hey boy, don't you hear me talking to you. Now get out of that tree." I smiled at the old man and jumped out of the tree.

"Practice makes perfect," I said.

"What? What are y...you talking a...a...about young man?" He stuttered.

"Why old man, you have just nominated yourself to be target practice for me."

"Why you insolent child? Do you know whom you speak to?"

"No, but why don't you tell me. I would hate to not know the name of the man who delegated himself to be my test dummy." I snarled, looking down at the whimpering man. Perhaps I was wrong, we will just have to see.

"I, I am the powerful Damien, the most feared ancients in these parts," He finished with the sound of triumph. He stared at me like it was my cue to beg him for forgiveness and scurry away with my tail between my legs. He must be joking.

"It have been my discovery that anyone who refers to himself as powerful rarely measure up. But why don't we see just how "Powerful" you are."

"How dare you continue to speak to me this way? I demand to know your name boy, so that I may know the name of the one who must be punished." I laughed I couldn't help it. Who was he to demand anything of me? "What is so funny boy?"