Chapter Thirty Eight

"Positions, everybody," Hermione says. "And remember, don't come out until he's got her in the light— we've got one shot at this, we don't want to mess it up."

Everybody scatters. Alice stays near her father and Scoprius.

"Hermione Granger, I'm being bossed around by Hermione Granger," Draco Malfoy says, turning to said woman and smiling. "And I'm mildly enjoying it."

"Dad..." Scorpius says. Then they hear footsteps outside and they all retire to their hiding spots, behind two large doors. Alice crouches in the dark and listens as Voldemort enters the church. Well, it's not really Voldemort, it's Harry.

Harry/ Voldemort walks a few steps and then turns. "Whichever witch or wizard is following me, I assure you, you will regret it," he says gravely. Delphi enters the church then, compelled.

"Lord Voldemort," she acknowledges. "It is me. I am following you."

"I do not know you," Harry/ Voldemort says. "Leave me."

The woman breathes deeply. "I am your daughter," she claims.

"If you were my daughter, I'd know of you," Harry/ Voldemort replies. Delphi looks at him with pleading eyes.

"I am from the future," she says. "The child of Bellatrix Lestrange and you. I was born in Malfoy Manor before the Battle of Hogwarts. A battle you are going to lose. I have come to save you." Harry/ Voldemort turns and Delphi meets his eyes. "It was Rodolphus Lestrange, Bellatrix's loyal husband, who in return from Azkaban told me who I was and revealed the prophecy he thought I was destined to fulfill. I am your daughter, sir."

"I am familiar with Bellatrix and there are certain similarities in your face— though you haven't inherited the best of her," Harry/ Voldemort says. Alice can't help but mentally applaud Harry for acting so well as Voldemort. "But without proof..."

Delphi then speaks in Parseltongue. Harry/ Voldemort only laughs viciously. The sound makes a chill rise in Alice's spine.

"That's your proof?" He asks her. The woman then raises into the air without effort. Harry/ Voldemort steps back in amazement.

"I am the Augurey to your Dark Lord, and I am ready to give all that I have to serve you," she tells him.

"You learnt... flight— from me?" Harry/ Voldemort asks, obviously trying to hide his shock, but Alice doesn't miss it.

"I have tried to follow the path you set," Delphi says.

"I have never met a witch or a wizard who's attempted to be my equal before," Harry/ Voldemort says.

"Do not mistake— I would not claim to be worthy of you, Lord," Delphi tells him. "But I have devoted my life to being a child you could be proud of."

"I see what you are, and I see what you could be," Harry/ Voldemort interrupts her. "Daughter."

Delphi is moved. "Father?"

"Together, the power we could wield."

"Father..."

"Come here, in the light, so I may examine what my blood has made," Harry/ Voldemort says.

"Your mission is a mistake," Delphi tries. "Attacking Harry Potter is a mistake. He will destroy you." Alice notices Harry/ Voldemort's hand start to shift back into Harry's own hand. He pulls it inside his sleeve, hiding it from Delphi.

"He is a baby," he tells her.

"He has his mother's love," Delphi explains. "Your spell will rebound, destroying you and making him too powerful and you too weak. You will recover to spend the next seventeen years consumed in a battle with him— a battle you will lose."