ten

"I'm trying to find myself. Sometimes that's not easy."-M.M

Song for this chapter: Unpredictable by 5 Seconds of Summer

.

.

He pulled me with him into the woods. "Harry, where are we going?" I asked as we moved deeper in the woods. He ignored my question and continued walking. "Harry." I said and pulled my arm from his grip. 

"What are you doing?" He asked and I glared at him. "I'm going back to the car." I said and turned around to walk back from where we came from. "I thought you wanted to know the truth." Harry said, stopping me in my tracks.

"I do, Harry. I just don't want to know it in the middle of the woods." I said and continued walking back to his car. "Wait." Harry said and ran to catch up with me. "What?" I snapped and he visibly winced. Now I felt bad.

"I'm sorry. I'm just soaking wet and I really want to get home. Can you tell me another time? Preferably when I'm not in a dress and not soaking wet?" I asked and he sighed but nodded in agreement. He followed me back to the car silently.

The car ride back to my house was antagonizing. It was dead silent and it was an awkward silence. Neither of us wanted to talk about anything that had happened in the last 24 hours. Once he pulled in my driveway I sighed and looked over at him.

"I'm sorry." We said at the same time. I chuckled and motioned for him to continue before I did. "I'm sorry for kissing you and leaving. I'm sorry of assuming that you and that guy were together. I'm sorry for dragging you into the woods." He said and I laughed lightly.

"Well, I'm sorry for texting you and telling you I was with a guy that meant nothing to me..." I trailed off. "And I'm sorry for making your car all wet and muddy." I said and he laughed. "It's fine." He gave me a slight smile.

"I'll see you later." He said and I nodded slowly. "Bye, Harry." I said and hopped out of his car. I waved at him again and walked into the house. Luckily, my mom and dad weren't home yet so I didn't get a lecture from being out all night.

I ran up the the stairs and entered my room. I threw my high heels in my closet and walked into my bathroom. I took off my dress and took a quick shower to get all the mud off my feet and makeup off my face. 

When I got out of the shower I wrapped a towel around my body and walked into my bedroom. I got dressed into my pajamas and then I plugged my phone into it's charger. It was completely dead and it had been since before I left the party

I never told Meredith where I was going so I expected a few texts from her and maybe a few from my mom. Once my phone vibrated signalling that it was now on, I heard the vibrations of texts coming in. I sighed and scrolled through them seeing who texted me.

Meredith, Meredith, my mom, Meredith, Liam, Meredith. I felt another vibration so I looked at who sent it. "Harry?" I said out loud in confusion. I first opened the texts from Meredith, most consisting of where are you and are you dead. I chuckled and texted her back that I was fine.

I opened the text from my mom and it only asked me what I wanted for dinner tonight. I guess she didn't even notice I was gone all night. I don't know if I should be happy or sad. I ignored her text and opened Liam's.

Call me.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion then clicked his contact and call. After a few rings he picked up. "Cay? Are you alright?" He asked worriedly. "Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" I asked confusedly. "Meredith called and said she couldn't get a hold of you and that you left that party with Harry." He explained.

"Well then why would you worry if you knew I was with Harry?" I asked and he sighed. "I don't know. I just-" He stopped talking and I heard some rustling over the phone. "Liam?" I asked trying to see if he was still there.

"Who's that?" I vaguely heard someone say. "No one." Liam's muffled voice said. I could barely make out what they were saying so I stopped trying. "Hey, can I call you back?" Liam said and I sighed. "Liam, you're the one who wanted me to call you. Can't you just talk to me now?" I asked.

"No. Sorry, Cay." He said. I heard someone say something in the background, but I couldn't make it out.  "Shit." Liam whispered and the line went dead. I shook my head and continued to scroll through my phone. 

After the strange phone call, I decided to check the text Harry sent me. I scrolled through my messages until his name came. I clicked the message and smiled like a boy obsessed 14 year old girl. I reread the message multiple times, before letting out an excited squeal. Wow, I need to stop.

I'd watch the stars anytime with you. xx

.

.

After awhile I heard a door slam downstairs. I jumped up and walked down the stairs. "Mom?" I called out. "In the kitchen!" She called back and I walked towards the kitchen. "How are you?" She asked once I entered the kitchen.

"Good, how about you?" I asked and sat on the counter. "Good." She replied and I nodded. "So," I started catching her attention. "I was thinking about getting a job." I told her and she gave me a confused look then started laughing.

"You? A job?" She chuckled and I rolled my eyes at her. "Yes, mother." I said sharply and she stopped laughing. "Why do you want a job?" She asked and began getting things out from the fridge for dinner. "I don't know." I shrugged.

"I'm sick of not doing anything. Maybe I can work at like Starbucks or something." I shrugged again. "Maybe that would be a good idea considering you're running this household dry of money with your Starbucks addiction." She joked.

"You'd get a pretty big discount." She said and I nodded. "Apply. If you don't get it oh well." She said while chopping onions up. "What's for dinner?" I asked curiously. "Spaghetti." She said and I smiled. "Okay, good." I said and got off the counter.

"I'm going to go see if they're even hiring." I told her and ran upstairs to get changed. I threw on whatever I could find and ran down the stairs. They'd be closing soon so I was trying to rush. "Mom, can I please take your car?" I begged.

"Just this once." She said and I sighed of relief. "Thank you!" I said giving her an awkward side hug. "We can go pick up your car after you come home." She told me and I thanked her again. I walked outside and got into my moms SUV.

I drove down the road while the rain was pouring down. Once I reached Starbucks, I parked as close to the door as I could get and preparing myself for the run inside. I stuck my hood over my head and sprinted towards the door. 

I put my hood down and walked towards the front where a slightly older woman stood. "Are you hiring?" I asked her with a smile, which she returned. "Actually, we are." She said and bent down to get something. 

Once she came back up I saw she had a job application in her hand. "Just fill this out and then we'll let you know if you got the job or not." She smiled at me and I nodded. "Thank you." I smiled back at her and sat at one of the empty tables.

After I filled in the application I went back to the lady and gave her the application. I thanked her again and made my way back to my moms car. I started the engine and drove back to my house. The rain was slowing down now so, I was thankful for that.

I pulled into the driveway and parked her car then ran into the house. "Mom! I'm back!" I called and set her keys on the hook near the door. "Okay! Just a second!" She called back to me from up the stairs. I sat down in the living room waiting for her to come down.

"Okay, let's go." She said once she emerged her room. I got off the couch and followed her out to her car. "How long has my car been ready?" I asked knowing it's been there for well over a month. "For awhile." She responded and I laughed.