Finishing Up The Week

Lets take a step back to Wednesday, the night before his tryouts, Percy couldn't sleep.

For some reason he just couldn't. Then Percy remembered he hadn't talked to Annabeth today, that must be why. Percy got out of his bed and pulled on a shirt, a plain black one with his blue pj pants. Then he goes down to the commons, he had been tossing in bed for about an hour now but he felt like, if he wasn't going to sleep, he might as well read up on some spells. 

When he walked in, the fire, that had been put out, started back up. That's when Percy got an idea, why not look around, or sneak down to the lake? Of course he had heard of Filch and his cat, even crossed paths with them a few times, but he was confident that he could get around him, he had snuck passed monsters before, he would be fine. 

So he walked out of the common room with his bare feet. 

Walking down the halls he finally got to the branch off of the main hall, the front exit. Then he heard foot steps, two sets. One up further, one in the hall to his left. The one in front of him was in a hurry but the one to his left had a flash light, so a student and Filch. Great. Percy hurried forward, towards the student's steps. And he saw Ron Weasley, with a broom, hurrying down the hall to try and leave. 

Percy ran up on silent feet and clasped his hand over Ron's mouth, and carried him back behind a curtain like thing that hung from the wall. Ron was light but tried to fight, Percy just hissed at him to stop and the boy went still as death. Percy kept his hand over Ron's mouth until he heard Filch pass the hall. 

Percy let go of Ron's mouth and looked out around the curtain. "What the bloody hell mate?" Ron whispered, well tried his was more like hiss-talking. 

Percy rolled his eyes before whispering back, "I couldn't sleep so I took a walk. I saw you and heard Filch so I saved you from getting found out. Deal with it." Percy stepped out and sighed. "What are you even doing Ron?" Percy took in his broom and that he was wearing his robes. "Wait. . ." Percy sighed and shook his head, "Keeper tryouts for Gryffindor. Really Ron?"

The younger boy went bright red, the same shade as his hair. "W-wh-wh-" He stuttered.

"Does Harry or Hermione know?" Percy rubbed the back of his neck trying to figure out what to do. 

"N-no. . ." Ron gripped his broom and seemed very interested in the ground.

"Fine. Just. . . Tryouts are on Friday, I'm not going to cover for you if you get caught but. . . I won't rat you out." Percy walked away after saying goodnight and telling him to be carful. 

That was Wednesday, then he had tryouts and got his spot on the team. The next day he had to deal with everyone knowing he got that spot on the team. Including Harry. Every time he passed the boy with the lightning scar he got a glare from him. Ron would just cast a look at him like, I'm trying to not like you because my friend doesn't like you, but I think you might actually be cool. Hermione just avoided looking at him, blushing whenever he was around. 

He was supposed to be helping them out, but at this rate nothing was going to get done. 

Friday passed and Percy learned that Ron had gotten the Keeper position. He made sure to say good job on that when he saw him in the hall before bed. The Percy thought about his weekend. If he could get his work done in time, he could go see Annabeth. 

Speaking of which he still needed to talk to Professor Sprout about that. That's why during his Herbology class on Friday he asked if it was possible for him to leave the campus during the weekend. Sprout said that because he was over 17 there was no rule against it as long as he got his work done on time and was back before Monday. Perfect. 

He didn't have any time to talk to Annabeth because the teachers had been piling on work and he wanted his weekend free. 

On Saturday morning he still had some work to do and knew just who could help. So he made a pit stop at the Gryffindor table at breakfast. Hermione had just stopped telling the boys that they could work on their homework when Percy showed up. The boys had got up after saying they were sorry they couldn't work with her, then walked away. 

"If your offer to do homework with someone still stands, we can do ours together. I'm a little behind and I have stuff I need to do after it's done." Percy smiled at the girl who had become very red. "You're top of the class, it would really help to have you study with me." Percy stuck out his hand for her to shake and she did. "Great meet you in the Library in twenty?" She nodded and Percy smiled. 

After a while in the Library he finished McGonagall's Inanimatas Conjurs spells essay, Sinistra's essay on Jupiter's moons, and Sprout's Self fertilizing sprouts work. Sighing, Percy closed his book, it was only twelve-twenty-four, meaning six minutes till lunch and plenty of time to get home and be with Annabeth. 

Hermione still hadn't lost her red pigment but it had died down some. "Why did you ask me to help?" Her voice was wobbly and unsure. 

"Top of the class and I know you more than I know anyone else in this school. Why, did you not want to help me or are you uncomfortable around me?" Percy's tone was gentle and careful to not be pushy. 

"No. . . It's just." Hermione messed with her hair as she hid her face a bit. "You. . . I heard about you carrying me to Gryffindor tower. Why?" Hermione casted those big brown eyes to Percy. 

"A chair is no place to sleep. And I know you work yourself hoarse, so I helped out. Does it make you uncomfortable that I did that? Because I won't do it again if that's the case." There wasn't any joking in his tone, he was serious. 

"Oh it's fine I was just. . . Wondering why." Hermione sighed before closing her book. "What were you wanting to do later?" 

"Oh! I'm going back home to spend time with my family for the Weekend, I'm over seventeen so I can." Hermione nodded along and smiled. "Well I should get going if I'm going to make it in time. See ya, Hermione." 

"Bye, Percy." She called as Percy left. 

Then Percy was headed off to be with his family.