Chapter 19

"You should've killed me when you had the chance." Sheep Mask sneered as he pressed the blade of his knife into Archer's throat. I could also see the gun that Archer took from him earlier tucked safely into the waistband of his jeans.

I watched as Archer winced and a small trickle of blood slowly made a trail down his neck.

I took a step towards him but Sheep Mask only pressed the knife harder against Archer's throat.

"Ah, ah, ah. You take another step and your little boyfriend here will be looking like that old man."

I froze and stared with wide eyes at Sheep Mask as he continued to hold Archer at knife point.

"Now here's how this is going to go. Dox is tired of chasing you, and he has made a special request for you sweetheart and I'm here to deliver . If you don't cooperate then your boyfriend is going to end up losing his head and we don't want that do we?"

Sheep Mask took my silence as a yes as he shoved Archer forward, making sure to keep a firm grip on his arm and the blade pressed against his throat.

"Start walking."

I glanced at Archer once before turning and started to walk.

Sheep Mask led us down the same tunnel that I was sure the little girl had ran through earlier and I silently prayed that she was somewhere well hidden.

Once we had reached the end of the tunnel Sheep Mask stopped and with his left foot he kicked open an old door that read Employees Only.

I was hesitant to walk inside the room which looked like a place that electricians or repairmen would frequent with all the machinery inside. Sheep Mask seemed to notice my hesitation though as he stepped forward and kicked me behind my knee. I stumbled forward and shot a glare over my shoulder at him.

"Move it." He snarled.

Before I turned around I stole another glance at Archer to see that his jaw and fists were clenched so tightly that his knuckles had turned white.

I prayed silently that he didn't try and do anything crazy.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm my racing heart and took my first step into the room.

As soon as both of my feet were inside the room, the door slammed shut.

I heard Archer yell my name and I spun around just in time to see his figure struggling against Sheep Mask through the small window on the door. I ran forward even though I knew it was too late. The door was closed and locked.

As I yanked on the doorknob in vain, Sheep Mask yelled "Don't take this personally sweetheart but I had to get you out of the way! Dox doesn't want you. He wants your friend. Just be lucky I didn't kill you...yet."

His parting words and the sounds of shoes scuffling against the ground and the low hum of the machines inside the room were the last things I heard before everything was silent.