22: They Are Interwoven

Above the rushing noise of the waters, the cavern was filled with a seductive voice, purring like a cat. Bría faintly recognized the voice, but she could not figure out whom it belonged to. They walked in through the date, closing it behind them, and then navigated their way through to the main cavern. Dressed in all black was a woman, her slender and tall frame similar to that of Bría's.

"Selina Kyle?" Bría asked as she neared her, recognizing the woman for they had spent some time in together in prison. They were not cell mates, but had occasionally crossed paths in the workshops, the yard, and the gym.

The brunette in the leather skin-tight outfit turned to look at Bría, no look of recognition crossing her face. She asked, "Who are you?"

Bría wasn't disappointed or upset, it wasn't often that people remembered a random prisoner they had spoken to twice in their lives. Selina gave off a sharp image, she was memorable, whereas Bría had simply floated by. Selina had escaped the prison a few weeks after her incarceration.

"We were in prison together, for a stint," Bría told her.

"Well, whole lot of good it did us," Selina replied with a sass to her tone. It was just the way she spoke, it surrounded her like an aura.

"I'm supposed to kill you," Bane interrupted.

Selina rolled her eyes, "Hold up, big fella. I've got something you won't be able to turn down."

Bane hooked his hands into his jacket, a habit he had, the stance seemingly innocent and yet threatening at the same time. He cocked his head slightly to the side, encouraging Selina to go on with what she could possibly have to offer. Obviously Bane had no reason to kill her now that Daggett was dead, unless she might muddle up their plans further. It didn't seem like her MO, though, to put her nose in the business of others if it didn't benefit her.

"Go on," Bane encouraged.

"The Batman asked me how to find you, I told him I would lead him to you."

"How does that help us?" Bría asked, a bit too eagerly.

Bane raised his hand to silence Bría.

"Clear my name off your death list, and I'll bring him right to you," Selina bargained further.

"Consider yourself cleared," Bane instantly gave in to her offer.

Bría wondered if Bane could take on the Batman, she wondered who would win that fight. She smirked when she thought that Bane would win the hand to hand combat, and found herself strangely excited to see what would ensue when Selina brought Batman there. The thrill inside of her made her antsy, but she didn't show it.

"A few hours," Selina told him, and then walked passed him. She disappeared from sight like a black cat in the night.

Bría was conflicted, and so she asked Bane when they were alone, "Do you think this is a good idea?"

"Yes, my dear."

"What if he..."

"Defeats me?" Bane asked, humour in those eyes of his. "The Batman has been gone for eight years."

"He certainly made an appearance the other day," Bría cautioned.

They walked down from the grate overlooking the cavern, and kept in pace with one another. Being late at night, there were very few people working around them, but no one was sleeping yet. Chit chat ensued, there was a sudden atmosphere of cohesion, even though all of these people were criminals, or just young blokes looking for some cash, they all seemed to be getting along. A sense of unity had formed.

"Bruce Wayne has also been silent for eight years," Bane stated.

"Are you saying The Batman is Gotham's richest, Bruce Wayne?"

"Yes," Bane confirmed.

"How do you know that?" She asked.

"Because he too trained in the League of Shadows. Though our paths have not crossed, they are interwoven."

Bría couldn't say that she was entirely surprised, for Bruce Wayne had the riches and the ability to keep a second life completely secret. It sat in her mind like a heavy rock as she thought about it. They blamed The Batman for the murder of Harvey Dent, and if Bría could remember correctly, both Wayne and Dent had once been involved with the same woman.

She wondered if Wayne was the type to kill over a woman.

None of it made sense to her. 

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Your comments have been really wonderful! I'm really excited to write today, and I'm hoping to actually finish all the writing! Don't forget to vote and comment :)