Chapter Twenty Eight

I woke up later than usual this morning. It only made sense because Saskia and I had been up until almost sunrise. Saskia was still asleep when I left her and I didn't want to wake her up as I knew how exhausted she was. Her mother invited me to have breakfast with them but I politely declined. I went back home to take a shower and then I went straight to my parents'.

"Hi, Ma!" I opened my arms out for a hug as I walked towards Mama. I stopped in front of her and gave her a tight hug and kissing her on the side of her head.

"Miggy..." She chuckled, hugging me back and we both pulled away. "Hey, good morning."

"How's my beautiful mother? Can I just say you look absolutely stunning today?" I asked.

"Wonderful. Thank you, Miggy." She answered, laughing and shaking her head. "But I don't know what you're seeing. I'm a mess, I just finished preparing the food we're going to have for later and I badly need a shower."

"Mama, it doesn't matter. You're still beautiful regardless. Nakakalimutan na bang ipaalala sa'yo yan ni Dad?"

"Oh, you! Pareho kayo ng mag-ama mong bolero." She rolled her eye at me with a smile.

"Hindi ka naman binobola, Ma. You're the most beautiful woman for Dad and all my siblings. You're the best Mom in the world. I love you." I said, hugging her again.

"I love you, too." She answered back, patting my back. "Migs, are you okay?"

I broke away from the hug and let out a wide smile. "I'm more than okay."

She nodded her head and looked at me like I had gone crazy.

"Where's Dad, by the way?" I asked.

"He's looking after the kids in the play room." Mom answered.

"I'm just going to say hi to the kids and Dad. I'll catch you later." I said before sprinting upstairs. Dad was sitting on the couch in the playroom while Arthur and Cookie were chasing after each other.

"Hey, Dad!" I greeted him.

He lifted his eyes up from the book he was reading to me. "Hey, son."

"Tito Miggy!" Cookie stopped and ran towards me.

"Kuya!" Arthur followed after.

I caught the boys in each arm and lifted them up. The thought of my unborn child crossed my mind. Soon enough, Saskia and I would have one of these. I could feel the excitement and happiness flowing from inside me.

"Hey, kiddos." I looked at them. "How are you two? What were you playing?"

"Paw Patrol!" Cookie answered. "Ready for action! Ryder, sir!"

"And I'm monkey, my name is George! Uh-uh-ah-ah!" Arthur tried to copy the sound that a monkey makes.

"Arthur, I already told you! There's no monkeys in Paw Patrol! There are only dogs!" Cookie frowned.

"But I don't want to be a dog! I want to be Curious George" Arthur pouted.

"How 'bout this. Cookie can be Ryder and Arthur can be curious George and I'll be Superman. We can call our game Super Curious Paw Patrol." I said.

"Okay!" Both the kids happily agreed.

I played with them for awhile, chasing after them until they both got tired. Then they climbed onto the couch and squeezed in Dad's sides.

"You two are tired already? Don't you want to play some more?" I asked, sitting next to them on the couch.

"I don't want to play anymore." Cookie answered.