Author's Notes

Incidents of people disappearing while in plain sight are well-known in recorded history. One of the earliest known accounts was back in the 1700s. One of the most recent was in 2007. Various theories are advanced about the reason for the disappearances. This novel is not such a theory. It is a work of literary fiction and merely draws upon these mysterious disappearances as a starting basis. Incidentally, even flocks of birds have been known to disappear in plain sight.

Endnotes appear at appropriate chapters. There are mythological terms and names used in the story. Footnotes are not appropriate for eBook formatting and I believe footnotes are more distracting than endnotes. Story immersion may suffer also if the reader is left to search by himself the meaning of the terms and names used.

Please note that the story is told from the main character's perspective. His own thoughts are italicized. His mental discussions with other characters are italicized but with quotation marks.

 His mental discussions with other characters are italicized but with quotation marks

This book is a work of fiction.

Names, characters, places, interactions, and incidents are products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously, unless otherwise indicated. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without written permission from the author, except for the use of brief quotations in a book review.

Enjoy.

All rights reserved by the Author. 2017.

Image: Public domain. Pixabay.