Chapter 20

Ariana waited for Jace outside the house the following morning. They were running late. Well, Jace was but she had somewhere else to be. Ariana had started to pace when Jace stepped out of the house.

Jace walked to the car not bothering about the time and how late he was.

"You're late." Ariana said,

He glanced at her with a raised brow.
"I don't need you to remind me. I have Bridget for that and I'm the CEO."

"Marvis?" Ariana asked when Jace walked to his sleek black car.

"He had some personal matters to attend to."

Ariana nodded then turned around and headed to her bike.

"What are you doing?" Jace looked confused as she mounted her bike.

"Isn't it obvious?" Ariana grabbed her helmet, "I'm getting on my bike and I'm escorting you to the company."

"Escorting?"

"I have somewhere to be."

"Then I'll take you wherever you need to go."

"No!" Ariana said too quickly, "I need to do this on my own."

Jace stood at the driver's side, holding the door open as he looked at her suspiciously.
"Okay."

Ariana sighed and pulled her helmet on as he got into the car and shut the door.

On the way, Ariana pulled up on the left side of his car when they reached a red light. Ariana placed her feet on the tarred road and turned her gaze to her right without meaning to. Jace looked through his window at her. He knew she couldn't see him because his windows were tinted, so he wound down the window right before she was about to look away.

Jace pulled his shades down his nose a little before he smirked and winked at her.

Ariana almost smiled but rolled her eyes instead. She looked away from him and took off as soon as the light turned green leaving him behind to catch up with her.

Jace pulled up behind Ariana in front of the company building at the same time she did. Ariana took off her helmet and hopped off her bike just as Jace got out of the car.

"Good morning, Mr. Black." The security guard said as they walked into the building together.

"Morning, Ric," Jace said, "My car and the lady's bike."

"Yes sir," Ric said,

They walked down the lobby and towards the elevator.
"Lady?" Ariana asked,

"Aren't you one?"

Ariana stayed quiet.

"Man-up, Green," Jace said as they got into the elevator,

"Man being the keyword," Ariana said as the elevator closed.

Bridget attacked him as soon as they stepped out of the elevator.
"You have a call waiting on line 2 from the London branch. You missed your 9 O'clock which I rescheduled for tomorrow and... Barbie called."

"Barbie?" Jace was lost,

Bridget shook her head,
"I mean Ms. Hall."

"Heather?" Jace wanted to smile but didn't.

"Yes," Bridget answered, "She said she misplaced your number and asked if I could give it to her but I told her you'd call her back if you wanted to talk. To her."

Bridget said reluctantly, wondering if she had overstepped and said something she wasn't supposed to say but Jace smiled at her.

"Thank you, Bridget," Jace walked to his office, "Put her on as soon as I'm done with the London call."