(Damon's) Chase this light Chapter 20

Damon's Desire

Chapter 20

Chase this light

(After Damon and J saw Mason Lockwood.)

I had no idea what I would do if J recognized Lock. When she called out his nickname, I began to feel weak. I had no clue what I would have done if Lock had come back and told her everything. Lock continued walking away and ignored her call. Once we got home, things were still rocky but eventually it cooled off.We crashed together on both ends of the couch. Once she was fast asleep I crept away and got some alone time. I went down to the basement and drank blood.  I looked through some things I had hidden away my many years of living. A few pictures of Lexi and Katherine, some pictures of me when I was young before turning into a vampire. I kept this one room locked all the time in the basement. Even if J were to wander down here, she would not be able to get inside this one room.

I sat down and looked through almost every album I had. It hasn't felt like hundreds of years ago. Katherine still looked just as angelic as I recall. Unfortunately, she was not anything like she looked. She was worse than I. Maybe that is one of the things I loved about her. Her sleeping with Stefan was heartbreaking but her sleeping with Lock too was beyond what I thought a vampire would do. Never would have guessed she was with him all those years. It made me realize how filthy she really was. She has been gone for years. Ever since Tyler turned she vanished. Everyone thought she would show when Elena and Stefan married. She didn't even pass a message to one of her zombies.

I put away her pictures and feelings that I thought I might bring back to the surface. I hated her but I knew deep down if J never existed and Katherine showed some kind of change I would be back in her arms. She on the other hand would use me for her schemes. She never even cared about me. It was always Stefan. For me it was always Katherine. Elena was nothing like Katherine. She is what everyone wants Katherine to be. Alternatively, what I want her to be. It didn't break my cold heart when they married but made me realize I needed to leave. Find my Elena.  

Elena and I had this weird relationship even while she was with Stefan. We came close to doing many things that only she and Stefan should have been doing. She was young and I was on some weird vampire rebound. I needed to be with Katherine and the closes thing to that was Elena. I knew I could be with Elena if I tried hard enough. Instead I prolonged the outcome. Making Stefan's life hell. Elena started to fall for me and I for her. Stefan fell in the arms of Katherine once more. Then finding that out, that they once again slept together made me realize I didn't love Elena or even care for her. She was just a copy of the one I wanted. I left Elena alone and she ran back to Stefan. Katherine caused drama that the whole town felt. It was unreal. Stefan had Bonnie put spells on Elena so she couldn't get hurt from Katherine. Bonnie made Elena and herself a ring to prevent Vampires and or Werewolves from killing them.

Finally, the originals had enough of Katherine giving away that we were in town. They told her if she ever steps foot in Mystic Falls or close to it they would stake her. Katherine finally left and said she would be back to get what is hers. Of course, that must be Stefan, not me. I moved on. I every now and then think of how I would have died if not knowing her or thinking we were a great couple. Father would have never killed us leaving us to die of old age or some sickness. I heard walking upstairs. I knew J must have woken up. I am used to hearing her cry and whimper in her sleep. She has not done that at all. I put everything away and hid my blood locking the door. I sped upstairs closing the door lightly. She was standing in the living room wrapped in our blanket.

"What are you doing standing in the dark, Babe?" I asked suddenly feeling her fist in my face.

It actually caused me to bleed. My eyes watered up. She apologized in shock of what she did. I found it funny that she could have those reflexes. I went to the bathroom and waited for my healing to kick in. J thought I was cleaning my nose and making sure it wasn't broken. When I came out, she began to wonder where I was. I wasn't sure what to say since I had no idea where she already looked for me. I told her I was coming out of the basement. J seemed to still be curious. We fell back asleep on the couch. Well she did, I still have not slept right since Katherine left.